What is the trim on my 2004 Silverado.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by altst012, Feb 6, 2014.

1. altst012

altst012 New Member

I have my 2004 Silverado, but it does not seem to match any of the options that are available in the trims. I believe it is the Z71 package but am not sure. What is the best way to determine this? I am wondering to figure out the value.

2. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

using the vin # contact the dealership and find out .

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Vin # might work but more accurately, open the glove box and there should be a sticker inside with a bunch of 3-digit RPO codes. Use those - one of them will be the trim code. The RPO codes will tell you quite a lot about your truck.

http://www.rpocodes.com/

In fact, "Z71" itself is an RPO code. If you see Z71 on your RPO sticker inside your glove box then yes, you have the Z71 package.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

To add to what McClintoc....has mentioned regarding the RPO Codes.....If you go the Link below and enter your Trucks Vin # Number, it will show you every Feature it came with from the Factory, from What Engine to the Color of the Interior, along with the RPO Codes for all of the Features your Silverado has,

Link,
    http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is a great site! I think they charge for the service now. I used to use it all the time. Now I think you get a 24 hour free trail. I just copy and pasted mine into a word document and saved it for the future.

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Your Correct Mike, and they give you one free download, on running the Vin# Number, it was a Great Site, with all the Diagrams, you could View, and Running Vin Number's etc......

7. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

as I stated before the best way is to have dealership look it up.. what can be done may not be all that correct which would be the parts ID sticker on the glove box.. first you match the vin# of this sticker to the vin # on the dash. if this is the same then the codes on this label should be correct.

Z71 is what I do not have . I have the Z85/z82.... the Z71 is a 4wd off road vehicle. this is higher than my vehicle , more under vehicle protection [skid plates] and shocks to handle the ride expected.

this is the reason I did not order my 2000 with this pkg.... I needed tow handling/trailer hook ups. the engine/transmission has extra features to handle tow issues.. vehicle is lower and more level than the Z71. with the bilstien shocks [I installed] the ride did improve [made in Germany]