1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is this truck???

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Tim Braun, Sep 12, 2012.

1. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts

I don't know where you are, but in North Carolina, the process to gain ownership of a vehicle in these circumstances requires more than a mechanic's lien. After 45 days, the shop owner can file paperwork with the DMV to take legal ownership. Then there is the additional paperwork to get a title for the vehicle. It is rather pricey here to do that. It may not be worth the effort and expense.
  2. Tim Braun

Tim Braun New Member

I searched around for a VIN but couldn't see one on the dash. I didn't get under the hood. Where can I find it on those year trucks?
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

No VIN on the dash? Points more towards a Military version, look on the firewall and inner fender panels under the hood for an equipment plate (looks a lot like a vin plate only a little more detailed) also look in the drivers door jam for a plate.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

i can confirm tbplus10 is right.

looks to me like a mid 80s silverado 20 bodystyle CUCV pickup. the color of paint is a strong inticator of that, as is the lack of a VIN plate.

Alex
  5. lindadale

lindadale New Member

Its a Chevy truck and the model looks similar to the old days.I just visit one site where i seen almost all the truck models.
  6. Attacksz

Attacksz New Member

I was wondering the same thing! Haha.
  7. Tim Braun

Tim Braun New Member

Apparently someone slashed all 4 super swampers because the shop told them it wasn't for sale.

Still working on things on my end.
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I hate vandals as much as thieves. Hopefully that'll help you get the truck and at a better price.
  9. barefoot greg

barefoot greg New Member

looks to me like an 81-87 k20 gmc, the front fender crease comes to a point then stops in just behind the headlights and the side marker is horizontal, where the 73-80 gm's had the same cab and bed but the front fenders had the same crease in the back of the fender but at the front it would round down around the side marker which was vertical
  10. Tim Braun

Tim Braun New Member

Okay so I got a little more info. The truck is a 85 or 86 cab on a blazer chassis. It has either a 350 or a smallblock 400 in it.

ANY clue at all what this thing would be worth? The guy asked me to make an offer. There are some definite rust issues, but nothing all the way through. I think most of it is fixable. The engine he says ran 3 or 4 yrs ago...not sure anymore.