What is this?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by BluBurb89, Aug 9, 2010.

  1. BluBurb89

    BluBurb89 Rockstar 100 Posts

    I'd appreciate anyone identifying this for me and telling me what it does. I was going to Seafoam the manifold by introducing it via the vacuum hose of the brake booster but saw this between the hard line from the TBI base and the port on the booster. I figured that I probably shouldn't pour the Seafoam thru it; at least until I knew what it was, what it did and whether the additive would harm it. This is an '89 R1500 5.7L disc/drum.
    I looked at the vacuum routing sticker on the 'burb and at the routing schematic in the Chilton #28624 manual but didn't see anything or these old eyes missed it.
    It's the small split case cylinder between the booster and the air cleaner.
    Appreciate the help, Thanks.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  2. Land Shark

    Land Shark Rockstar 100 Posts

    DUDE...that's your Flux Capacitor...Ensure that it's Fluxing...Ha Ha Ha...I wish I could help..
  3. MonkeyBiz

    MonkeyBiz Member

    looks like a pressure regulator/check valve of some sort. But I could be wrong.
    1 person likes this.
  4. TrailLeadr

    TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

    It's a check valve. It's what allows you to still have a couple pumps of power brakes even after your engine is off and drawing no vac.
    1 person likes this.
  5. BluBurb89

    BluBurb89 Rockstar 100 Posts

    TrailLeadr, MonkeyBiz,
    Thanks for the info; it is appreciated.

Share This Page

Newest Gallery Photos