1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is this?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by BluBurb89, Aug 9, 2010.

1. BluBurb89

BluBurb89 New Member

I'd appreciate anyone identifying this for me and telling me what it does. I was going to Seafoam the manifold by introducing it via the vacuum hose of the brake booster but saw this between the hard line from the TBI base and the port on the booster. I figured that I probably shouldn't pour the Seafoam thru it; at least until I knew what it was, what it did and whether the additive would harm it. This is an '89 R1500 5.7L disc/drum.
    I looked at the vacuum routing sticker on the 'burb and at the routing schematic in the Chilton #28624 manual but didn't see anything or these old eyes missed it.
    It's the small split case cylinder between the booster and the air cleaner.
    Appreciate the help, Thanks.
    100_5133.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  2. Land Shark

Land Shark New Member

DUDE...that's your Flux Capacitor...Ensure that it's Fluxing...Ha Ha Ha...I wish I could help..
  3. MonkeyBiz

MonkeyBiz New Member

looks like a pressure regulator/check valve of some sort. But I could be wrong.
    1 person likes this.
  4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

It's a check valve. It's what allows you to still have a couple pumps of power brakes even after your engine is off and drawing no vac.
    1 person likes this.
  5. BluBurb89

BluBurb89 New Member

TrailLeadr, MonkeyBiz,
    Thanks for the info; it is appreciated.
    Ted