Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is your career? What do you do?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by XtremeAaron, Feb 17, 2010.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

After high school I joined Uncle Sams Misguided Children (USMC). MOS 6075 Crygenics tech. Got out after 5yrs. I have been working for the current company for 11 years. I work in an Air Seperation plant. Went to the Police academy while I lived in PA. I am currently going to school for Mechanincal Engineering. While working a full time job.
  2. Mzarb28

Mzarb28 Member

Newbie to this site, love it, so much knowledge and tips!! I'm a fulltime Fire Fighter for the City of New Bedford, best job in the world!!
  3. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I have 27 years invested driving Semi-trucks and the last 16 years with this present LTL carrier. Decent, money, get to meet some good folks on my delivery area and i'm usually home by 5pm .Shot this today while delivering some HVAC Duct work and equipment to a new Volkswagon dealership soon to open. Notice the lack of snow in wisconsin,i'm loving it! This time last year we had several Feet of snow on the ground.

[​IMG]
  4. grape2

grape2 Member

Retired Navy 22yrs, retired auto parts/service manage 17 years(GM and Chrysler both closed in the bailout). Now work part time IT tech for a doctor that has 5 clinics, business office, and two convience stores. Also, take care of 4 pharmacies, machine shop, two flower shops, an account and help a friend in his computer repair business one day a week. The IT work I'm on call 9am to 2pm 5 days a week. Made my first call in two weeks Wednesday and today. On salary, so I still get paid whether I'm working or just waiting for a call.
  5. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I'm 24 and have been working for a family owned contracting business for 7 years. We mostly do windows, siding, and doors, but will also do some roofing, decking, and other jobs. We work right through the Winter outdoors 5 days a week, the work can be tough at time, but it is rewarding seeing how happy people are when the job is done. We take a lot of pride in what we do, especially our trim work.

290229.jpg

Our old website that I made- http://northstarwindow.weebly.com/index.html

Our new website that Yellowbook made- http://northstarwindow-siding.com/index.htm
  6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Marathon?! We've probably seen each other then or have seen each others trucks. My dad is at Cargill now as a contractor for Allied Reliability. We eat at Buddy B's every so often and I pass that way. I was actually thinking about going to Marathon and that is still an open possibility.
  7. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I tell you man, I love Marathon. It's a great place to be.
  8. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Yeah sounds like a great group of guys work there from what I hear. My cousin in on an internship there he just graduated from LSU.
  9. dipstick

dipstick Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I own a small business . Licensed electrician... carpenter..plumber. Build houses to additions ..ect.
    But always love mechanics..auto body ect. Just like going to quite a few forums .. helping all i can.
    I learn a lot also.. then pass it on. My signature is gitter done and have fun.
    Well that is all i have to say about that.
  10. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I just finished my internship in Dec. I had one from the technical school that is down the street from Marathon.