What is your truck preferance?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by donyms, Apr 25, 2012.

?

What type of GM truck do you prefer

1. 4X4 Offroad Truck

31 vote(s)
    75.6%
  2. 2WD Street or Sport Truck

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. SUV or Crossover

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. donyms

donyms New Member

There are allot of trucks on this site and I would like to see the percentages of 4X4 truck owners, 2WD truck and SUVs. This is not a trick question just vote for what you drive or Prefer to drive.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

I cant vote, you didnt add a choice for drivers that decide on a daily bassis.
    I normally decide what to drive based on my mood when I walk out the door.
    If it's nice weather I might take the Jeep topless or one of the Harleys, bad weather I might take the 2wd Chevy or the 4wd Tacoma, feeling like I should save gas I might drive the wifes HHR. Heck I'm getting ready to go to work in the next half hour and still havent decided what to drive.
  3. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

Unless I have a car, it has to be a 4x4. I like Chevy trucks and Isuzu Troopers if I want an SUV.
  4. MTM

MTM New Member

Now that i own a 4x4 i could never go back. I'd rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it
  5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

Xs the symbol for infinity!
  6. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

dd would be my chevy unless its in the shop then its the raptor on the nice days im in the mood to take it out of the garage
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

HHHmmmmm:neutral::neutral: I have an Avalanche.. It's been called a Pickup, A SUV and even a Suburban....
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

4 x 4 is must in our house...not only for me but also my wife (she love's the truck almost as much as I do). We love to camp, off-road on some pretty aggressive trails, play in the snow, etc. Plus living in Colorado, a 2 wheel drive usually needs sandbags in the bed at least a few times as year. Both of my trucks before this one were 2 wheel drives and were sometimes challenging to get around in on icy days.
  9. forace2011

forace2011 New Member

Daily driver is GMC Sierra 4X4 , but weather is really nice I either jump in 2004 Mustang GT Convertible or 1 of my 2 Harleys,(05 Road King, 09 Ultra Classic)
    I never want to be without a 4X4. 2WD Trucks aren't spoken here.
    Jus my $.02.
  10. osgprometheus

osgprometheus New Member

I like both worlds. I'd have to say the 4X4, but I have both. 89 Chev K1500, and a bagged 93 Suburban C2500.
  11. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member

I love my 4x4. When I lived in Southern California, the only time I really had any need for 4wd was when I went snowboarding. Now that I'm in the Seattle area, there have been multiple times every year I'd been extremely grateful for it. Then there's also the fact I've started getting more adventurous off the hardball, so 2wd isn't really an option for me anymore.
  12. cedicol

cedicol New Member

4X4 all the way for me. Why go for a 2X4 on a truck? You have the disadvantages of a truck (big to drive in to a city, hard to find parking space,...) but dont have the benefits of it. Here in Belgium the parking spaces arent verry big so i need 1.5 parkingspace for the burb in length. Broadwise i have somthing like a foot left on both sides. Somthimes i ask myself why i drive a big truck like this. Then i sart up the engine, and then i suddenly know. You got to love that V8 sound and power.:great:
  13. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

i drove 2wd stuff since i got my license. bought my first truck (03 Z71) febuary of 09. had a little front wheel drive coupe which was fun in the summer, but sucked in the snow. car was a lemon anyways, got so fed up with it i bailed from work one day a smidge early, went to the local chevy dealer, saw it and bought in under an hour. was pre approved from the bank and did the deal. never going back to a 2wd. second car can be, but I will always have a 4x4 around. they are just so dang useful.

Alex
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  14. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

4x4 off-road ... preferably lifted and modified to make it distinctly my own. I did stock for a while on my previous Z71 and despite the truck not being white and not being a regular cab I still felt like I was driving a work truck around, so I had to mix it up. I use my truck like a truck, too, hauling 4x8's, driving around in farm fields with 6' high grass when looking at property (I've been in search of acerage), driving on the low side of leaky pond dams (hub-deep into mild mud) when also looking at acreage, driving down all-mud logging roads with eroded-out water breaks... you get the idea. 2WD just wouldn't meet my needs.
  15. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

Personal I love my truck and not going to take her offroad. 2wd is all I need but I like to go with a buddy in his 4wd.
  16. davbell22602

davbell22602 New Member

I perfer 4x4 truck unless its antique then doesnt matter cause its antique.