Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What is your wish list for the new gen GMT's?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by 09Z71, May 22, 2011.

1. 09Z71

09Z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have high expectations that within the next year or two GM is going to introduce a new line of trucks, and maybe SUV's. I was in Flint for a business trip over the easter holidays and I saw what probably is the new GMT chassis mule on 07-11 sheetmetal because of a more visible, thicker frame and what seemed like a silent engine. I then began to think about what's in store for the new GMTs and what we should expect to see.

I'll start off with engines. with the introduction of the Ecoboost V6, i think that 4.4ish Light duty diesel should be revived. It's a much better alternative to the V6 in which it has cleaner emissions, has a quieter and smoother band of power, more torque at lower RPM's, probably better MPG and range with no need for a large tank. It could blast Ford out of the water. I think GM should design a whole new V8 line too.

I don't know what to expect for exterior design, hopefully a modern brand look with a departure from conservatism, especially with Chevy and their stacked headlights, and maybe they'll try something else with the bumper rather than painted end caps. but i am expecting a Cruze/Equinox/Terrain style interior and i hope to see that beautiful brick/ebony interior color combo, and SOME NEW SEATS! the seats on the NBS are disappointingly cheap. they sag and turn light grey after 5000 miles. I love the durable, sturdy and supportive cloth seats on my wife's Terrain. Those are some great seats and show no sign of age after 15000 miles.

What are you hoping for?

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would like to see a Cabin air filter and a light under the hood bought back.. And a headlight that can be changed in less then 15 mins.. Come on GM STOP being so CHEAP!!!!

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'd like to see a GM truck to compete with the Ford Raptor.

4. donl

donl Rockstar 100 Posts

GM needs pay back their bail out money before I'll ever think about buying anything GM again.

5. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I want to see the silverado ZR2 concept become life its what is suppose to be up on the raptor level

6. chew246214

chew246214 Rockstar 100 Posts

Diesel.... Diesel Diesel everything... cars/ trucks/ light duty heavy duty..... oh and in the cars diesel with AWD....... Sorry I miss diesels and can't get an awd car with diesel in the states....

7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would like for the door panels to not rattle after 20k miles, some down/up hill assist options in Z71 models along with some better wheel wells so you can fit 33's with out lifting the truck. And a roll down rear window like the toyota's have would be pretty sweet too!

8. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like everyone else's ideas so far! A lot of those things I've been wishing they had to! Especially the roll down rear window, bigger wheel wells, a light under the hood and something bada$$ to compete with the raptor!!!!!

And more diesel power! :)

9. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I hope the front end doesn't look as "fat", the front of the NNBS is all bumper right now. I'd also like to see them open up the fenders a little, there is almost a foot of clearance at the top of the tire and only an inch or two front and rear. I'd also like to see a real Silverado SS and by that I mean lowered and supercharged like the Lightning's were, I know that's a pipe dream but it sure would be nice!

10. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

heh, buddy of mine has a 99 Z71 reg cab flarside hes done a bit of work to. not sure all what but i guess a lighting decided to play with him. Lighting lost.

now he wants to race me. i think ill loose bad but i dont much care. throw the 91 tune on my truck and see what happens.

Alex