1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What kind of fuel mileage are you getting?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 99yukon, Oct 11, 2005.

1. 99yukon

99yukon New Member

Just wondering. I am only getting 12-13MPG in my 99' 4WD Yukon. The gas is killing me!!!!
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

3. 99yukon

99yukon New Member

I have a stock 5.7 with the 4L60E auto transmission.
  4. haellc

haellc New Member

What kind of gas mileage are you getting

I have a 2004 Yukon XL loaded and love it. I am getting 14 to 15 MPG at most I believe I have a 3.73 rear end and 5.3 flex engine. I had bought a Hypertech Programmer III to help try ang get more MPG. I loaded the program and took off to San Antonio I averaged 15 to 16. Not exactly what I was looking for. Does anyone have any ideas as to what to try to get more MPG?
  5. ChevyFan

That's the million $$ question. :)

Keep your tires inflated properly. Don't do jack-rabbit starts. Keep your engine well-maintained, etc.
  6. haellc

haellc New Member

I have talked to countless people about the mpg. There is always some response to more air flow, change exhaust, program, rear end gear ratio. Will keep looking.
  7. derf2005

derf2005 New Member

my '05 2 wheel drive tahoe w/ the 5.3 averaged 16.4 on the way to and from jersey to SC. that was w/ no after market add ons, but obviously a lest constricted engine will flow better, so im looking in to some sort of intake, anyone have any suggestions as to which is the best one to get?

-fred
    1995 tahoe LT (rip)
    2005 tahoe
  8. ChevyFan

9. tklawson5

tklawson5 New Member

I just bought a 2001 Yukon 4x4 and drove it from Flordia to Colorado and averaged 14-15 mpg doing about 70 to 75 mph on average. Over 2100 miles
  10. ChevyFan

That's really good mileage for driving those speeds. What engine do you have in it?