1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What kind of Gas Mileage are you getting in your Savana/Express?

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by 1flyfisher, Nov 25, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

What kind of Gas Mileage are you getting with your GMC Savana or Chevy express?

I have a 2010 1500 GMC Savana AWD with 5.3L and 3.73 gears and the computer says 15.3 mpg.

Please state What you have. Whether it is a 1500, 2500, 3500 and what engine and gears, 2wd or AWD and what mpg you are getting?

2. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

i have a 2500 2wd with a 5.3 its an 07 i get like almost 18 mpg

3. jampg

jampg New Member

I have the Express 1500, 5.3L 3.42 gear, AWD. I only have less than 100 miles so let me get some miles in and I will report back. Right now it is too early to tell.

4. powerhaulic

powerhaulic New Member

'08 1500 Savana AWD 5.3 3.42 59000k miles 13-15 around town 18 on highway

5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Silverado C3500 2wd 5.7L 4:10 gears, 33" tires 700R4 with .70 overdrive.
    11.8 mpg for 50/50city & secondary roads, 17.5-18mpg freeway @65mph in O.D.
    8.0 mpg towing boat & trailer 12,500 GCVW.

6. jampg

jampg New Member

After 800 miles the onboard says 13.7.

7. jampg

jampg New Member

Approaching 2000 miles. 14.3 according to the onboard.

8. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

You can reset that onboard mpg any time you want if you want to see how you do on the highway or in city exclusively. I have been resetting it when I go on a long highway drive.
    I am getting 20+ mpg on the highway 65mph and a little over 15+ in mixed driving which is around town with city and highway.
    Overall I am getting over 15 which isn't too bad and that 20+ highway is nice. LOL HOPE the onboard is accurate!!!!
    I do drive slow and I am easy on the gas pedal and I like to coast a lot so maybe the way I drive is actually getting me those numbers #'s and the onboard pc is accurate. I will find out when I do my calculations.

This is according to the onboard pc.
    I am going to start doing my own calculations as soon as I refill the tank with gas.

Also how are you liking your Express AWD???? I had my Savana out in some deep snow up at Tahoe on an unplowed road (2+ feet deep with hacked up snow ruts) the other day. It chewed right through with the BFG's. Real nice.

9. jasonsjwou

jasonsjwou New Member

I have 2003 Savana 1500, 5.3L V8, RWD.
    It is a explorer high-top conversion, with 265 width tires.
    73-75 MPH using cruise control, I get about 16.5 MPG.

10. jampg

jampg New Member

Cool. I didn't realize you can reset. So I reset yesterday morning. It's back to just over 14 in the city.
    As far as the AWD. Holy Crap... its awesome. Taking off from the light in the snow is pure fun. I love being next to a 4X4 and leaving them in the snow dust.