1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What Kind of Oil Filter do you use?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by Pete95Sierra, Mar 23, 2009.

?

What Kind of Oil Filter Do You Use?

1. Fram

48 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. K&N

9 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Wix

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. Amsoil

5 vote(s)
    4.6%
  5. Napa

6 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. Purolator

5 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Bosch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mobil 1

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
  9. Whatever the dealer installs

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  10. Other

8 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well, since we have a what kind of oil do you use thread, why not this one? post what you use and any experiences you may have with different brands :great:

2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have heard they are no good, but I personally use the Fram Tough Guard oil filters. I've ever had a problem and they are cheap

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

We have used the Fram oil filters also for as long as I can remember, I use the Tough Gurad one's on my truck also. I think we use them because they have never failed us once, and we have never had any engine trouble related to oil contaminents or anything else.:money:

4. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i think i use a fram one, (im not sure, and i dont want to crawl under my truck) but it is an orange one with the black grip so you can unscrew it with your hands.

5. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I use an AMSOIL EaO oil filter because it is the only filter made to go 25,000 miles. 50,000 on the by-pass filters.:great:

6. 178kchevy

178kchevy Member

There's a thread on here called "Oil Filters Revealed" that will lead you to a website where a guy does a study on several brands of oil filters. It's good reading. Everyone should take the time to read this article and make an informed decision about which filter to use. There are several good filters listed as well as not so good ones. Oil filters are part of the lifeblood of your truck and should be taken very seriously. Take time to read it before you buy your next oil filter!

Jeff

7. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have used the K&N oil filter several times, but on my last oil change I used a Napa Gold. They didn't have any K&N in stock, and the guy said the Napa filter was made by WIX, which I've always heard good things about. It was about half the price of the K&N too.

8. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Used to use Fram but will be switching to Amsoil tomorrow, The UPS truck arrives today with my shipment from 1stsynthetics.

9. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

i just changed my oil yesterday and i went with delco, to keep it OEM.

10. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I use the Purolator 1 !

On the next change on the wifes truck Im going to try a Napa Gold and see how it does.

I also second the Oil Filters Revealed thread not just because I posted it but because it has some good info in there.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19974