What load range for my 2001 1500 4x4 burb

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 99monguse, Oct 22, 2010.

1. 99monguse

99monguse Rockstar

I need new tires and when i got my truck 3 yrs ago, it had brand new Dunlop Grandtrek and those tires are SHOT; I mean garbage! A friend of mine told me that I had to put E-load range tires not standard load range. I rarely trailer anything but occasionally I do (at most a 3700lb Camaro and a trailer). I don't drive very much, I only put about 27k on in the three years I've had it.

2. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO 2

3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Load range C tires will probably do the job, but check the sticker in the door jamb to find out what the factory calls for.

4. 99monguse

99monguse Rockstar

I think I'm going with Michelin LTX AT2 in the E-load range. I have read several reviews from guys with the same truck/tires and the main complaint was that they wished they had gone with a stronger sidewall version because the standard was mushy feeling.

5. 99monguse

99monguse Rockstar

I got the Michelins installed on Saturday. These tires are worth the money! I got the LT version and theres a HUGE difference.