1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What load range for my 2001 1500 4x4 burb

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 99monguse, Oct 22, 2010.

1. 99monguse

99monguse Rockstar

I need new tires and when i got my truck 3 yrs ago, it had brand new Dunlop Grandtrek and those tires are SHOT; I mean garbage! A friend of mine told me that I had to put E-load range tires not standard load range. I rarely trailer anything but occasionally I do (at most a 3700lb Camaro and a trailer). I don't drive very much, I only put about 27k on in the three years I've had it.
  2. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO 2
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Load range C tires will probably do the job, but check the sticker in the door jamb to find out what the factory calls for.
  4. 99monguse

99monguse Rockstar

I think I'm going with Michelin LTX AT2 in the E-load range. I have read several reviews from guys with the same truck/tires and the main complaint was that they wished they had gone with a stronger sidewall version because the standard was mushy feeling.
  5. 99monguse

99monguse Rockstar

I got the Michelins installed on Saturday. These tires are worth the money! I got the LT version and theres a HUGE difference.