1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

what make factory am/fm/cd and speakers in 2011 silverado

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by david12601, Dec 29, 2010.

1. david12601

david12601 New Member

I want to replace my speakers in my 2011 silverado LS I upgraded the basic system to add the cd player when I ordered it.....does anyone know the make of the dash unit with output specs and the make of the door and the rear speakers.....I am thinking of upgrading the speakers and possibly adding an amp to make a nice clean sound thanks

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Are you asking the make of the stock speakers and radio? As for the output of the stock radio, It can't be more than 10 or 20 watts if I had to guess.

3. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Delphi makes the radios, I can only assume they make the speakers though not positive. And nothing on specs but telorvehc said its not going to be much.

If your just upgrading door speakers, I wouldn't add an amp. The stock head units are not the best of sound quality to be pushing in amp unless to drive some subs.

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Hi David..Glad to see a member somewhat close to me.. Any way They are 6 1/2 all around As for brand what ever GM can get cheap to put in there..The stock radio puts out about 13-15 watts. A good Aftermarket radio will give you 22 watts at best.. Good Speakers will want 30 Watt's + to sound good So a Small 4 Ch amp will do wounders for the sound.. There is a good shop in Newburgh,NY called Hollywood Sounds. If you need any other help please Pm me and maybe we can meet up there and I can help you out..

Glenn

5. david12601

david12601 New Member

Hi and Happy New Year.......my wife and I go to a nice restaurant on the water in Piermont.......I bought my new truck in November had it for 2 weeks and fell off a ladder and broke 9 ribs.....I have been home recuperating and some days to pass the time I sit in the truck and listen to music......the stock system isnt bad but I still have my old truck that has an older sony explod receiver and speakers that I put in in 1998 ......that system sounds way better.......I am just trying to get some ideas so in the future I can upgrade ....I still can't drive and probably will not be able to for about 3 more weeks the I my take a drive to Hollywood sound and check it out.....

6. TexasEdition

TexasEdition Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

crutchfield.com has tools on their website for you to see what will fit in your vehicle. Here's what I came up with for a 2011 crew cab, you can adjust as needed for your vehicle type. Depending in what you want you may need an amp which they also sell. They have good customer service based on my experiences with them.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_400/All-Car-Speakers.html?l=C

7. Enkeiavalanche

Sorry to hear of your fall.. If I can be of any help please let me know. And if your coming down to Piermont let me know...I am 2 blocks from town...

8. david12601

david12601 New Member

I may add an amp at some point.....what do you think of Boston acousyic S65R 6 1/2 for the door and S75 for behind the seat....

9. Christopher.Buck

Christopher.Buck New Member

Some of the above information is correct, but other information is only speculative. All of the speakers in the cab of the truck, with the exception of the tweeters in the A pillars, if included, are 6 1/2" speakers. They are usually branded with the Delphi name, but they are made by the cheapest bidder. The factory radio output at maximum is between 11-16 watts of power to the door speakers. There are aftermarket radios that actually put out 50 watts to the speakers, but it depends on the brand and whether they adhere to CEA 2006 guidelines. Pioneer and Alpine do, but some of the less expensive brands do not. Secondly, I would never hook up an amplifier to door speakers unless you are going to upgrade the door speakers to take in excess of 100 watts as the complications with RF interference and deteriorating sound quality, by adding extra connections where they are not necessary. If you want a subwoofer then an amp is necessary, but you can add a sub and simply switch out the door speakers without the need to amplify the door speakers. I have done this in all of my trucks, and I am extremely picky about sound quality as I install this equipment on a daily basis.

10. Enkeiavalanche

There are aftermarket radios that actually put out 50 watts to the speakers,

Please tell me ONE Aftermarket radio that does this? In 20 years of building Show cars and working in the 12 Volt world in both the retail and Vendor side I have yet to see a Aftermarket radio put out any more then 25 Watts RMS..

Sorry had to Rant....