what mods do the chicks/wifes/mistresses like about your truck?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by mudpuppy, Feb 23, 2012.

1. mudpuppy

mudpuppy Rockstar 100 Posts

and for those wacky coastal states what mods do your life partners like about your truck?

2. cedicol

cedicol Member

The mods???? ther are no mods on my truck yet but my wife thinks the truck is cool becaus it is big.:rofl:

3. carmantx

carmantx Member

I bought the 89 blazer, all original stock. My wife says, "It has little tires". I say, I could put a lift and 35", and she says "do it". sweet. Then I tell her that the blazer won't work very well to tow the race cars lifted, so she says get a big truck. So then comes the 2000 K2500 with the lift. Now she says it needs bigger tires and fender flares. Not wimpy fender flares, the bolted on ones.

Awwww, I love her. We have been married 30 years, and today, I have 20 cars. So she wants me to build another garage.

4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I just taught my girlfriend how to drive stick so she can drive my cobras, the other day she tells me she hit 150 n the convertible, now she wants to learn to ride my Daytona 675r. And she likes and car or truck as long as its black, I think I rubbed off on her

5. cedicol

cedicol Member

You guys are lucky sons of bi.... You know, my wife like the thing but she is not in love with it like i do. But hey you cant have everything in life.

6. SWAT13

SWAT13 Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

wacky coastal states...easy now! lol

The best part is driving down by the beaches, and having all the hott girls wanna jump in the back!!!

7. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

My wife doesn't understand why I have to mod out a new truck. But I had a mod'd jeep when I meet her so she knows it is going to happen. For the most part she keeps quite when I get things for my truck.

8. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

She keeps a pretty close eye on me. As long as it doesn't cost anything, doesn't look too goofy, and doesn't affect her ease-of-use, she's OK with it.

Her favorite mod is the addition of gasoline; 'cuz it'll take me back to work:)

(is a tranny flush, brake flush, or seafoam a mod or maintenance? SEE! I TOLD YOU!)
    I have to go.

9. koyote

koyote New Member

My wife and I have had fairly similar tastes in restoration and modding of my vehicles (and our houses, two of which have been vehicles)

But we are into camping/field/utility type mods. Clifford (my daughter's name for the 89 burban) is slowly getting reworked. SD card in the stereo, 800 watts of inverter and a usb charger dongle were the barest minimum add ons for my wife to handle a road trip of more than 45 minutes

The standard stuff- floor safe for when you can't carry, flashlight racks, fire extinguisher, doc box - all easy. What is going to take more planning is getting the radios hooked up, finding spotlights, designing a proper roof rack.

Both of us are stuck balanciing our "rural family" life with "fun" and havenn't decided on the big tire switch. It'd look better, but might rape oour gas mileage.

10. 4x4squared

4x4squared Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

drivin a steel burb and worried about mpg? lol