what mods to do?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by worth, May 2, 2009.

1. worth

worth New Member

Hey now that I have taken care of all my body modifications I am looking for some extra power to get my truck along. my truck('04 silverado 1500 5.3) is registred in south carolina where the emmisions requirements are lax. I already have the quiet series flowmaster muffler on(had dual pipes but cut those off due to rust) was thinking about cutting my cats out and putting some high-flow ones in. any thoughts? My roomate has a AFE stage 3 intake that i think he is going to get rid of soon. anyone heard good reviews of those? and what about a throttle body spacer, how much power should i get if i put a spacer on? Thanks in advance for all the help guys!

2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Cold Air Intake and throttle body spacer will get you a good increase. Same with a programmer.

3. Jacqson

Jacqson Rockstar 100 Posts

The First thing you should do is get a custom tune. In newer trucks no one single mod will make a difference like a custom tune.

4. worth

worth New Member

how much does a tune usaully cost? I think the first thing I am going to do this summer (after i get my first paycheck that is) is going to be true dual exhaust. I have heard some good things about the flowmaster super 44's jegs has them for 80 bucks each. after that the cold air intake followed by a throttle body spacer