1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what mods to do?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by worth, May 2, 2009.

1. worth

worth New Member

Hey now that I have taken care of all my body modifications I am looking for some extra power to get my truck along. my truck('04 silverado 1500 5.3) is registred in south carolina where the emmisions requirements are lax. I already have the quiet series flowmaster muffler on(had dual pipes but cut those off due to rust) was thinking about cutting my cats out and putting some high-flow ones in. any thoughts? My roomate has a AFE stage 3 intake that i think he is going to get rid of soon. anyone heard good reviews of those? and what about a throttle body spacer, how much power should i get if i put a spacer on? Thanks in advance for all the help guys!
  2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Cold Air Intake and throttle body spacer will get you a good increase. Same with a programmer.
  3. Jacqson

Jacqson Rockstar 100 Posts

The First thing you should do is get a custom tune. In newer trucks no one single mod will make a difference like a custom tune.
  4. worth

worth New Member

how much does a tune usaully cost? I think the first thing I am going to do this summer (after i get my first paycheck that is) is going to be true dual exhaust. I have heard some good things about the flowmaster super 44's jegs has them for 80 bucks each. after that the cold air intake followed by a throttle body spacer