1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What next?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by bushell873, Apr 5, 2014.

1. bushell873

bushell873 New Member

[​IMG]

So after listening to much advice from you and my mechanic I purchased a 5.3 long block from the dealer. Came with a 3 yr/100,000 warranty. My mechanic (20 yr friend) removed and examined parts from my AFM failed 5.3 before deciding if they were fit to go on the new engine. He got the engine in yesterday and was hooking everything up. When he removed the plastic cap from the oil pan to insert the oil level sensor module this is what he found! Still cast and not drilled or tapped! Pooched for the weekend as have to wait till. Monday morning to speak with GM. Don't want to void the warranty.
  2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Man that would be pretty frustrating!!!! That would kinda suck to have to drill out and tap making sure no filings get down in there. I would hope that they do something for you since the engine is installed already. If you decide to drill it out and tap it maybe a shop vac right there as you do it. Or how easily does the pan come off of these trucks? Or is that a lot of work? Thats a case of an attention to detail being overlooked that is really frustrating for the end customer.:grrrrrr: Let us know how you make out.
  3. bushell873

bushell873 New Member

Man that Rig looks familiar! You around K/B or E'Ville???
  4. the phantom

LOL Both. From West Valley
  5. Chesters

Chesters Member

Hey Crawdaddy are old post like this one ever sent away to cyber space?
  6. the phantom

Only 12 days old... What you talkin about willis???
  7. Chesters

Chesters Member

You the man , Must of been some other one. Very sorry

- - - Updated - - -

Ok what did GM say?