1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What oil do you use?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by 1st Synthetics, Mar 22, 2009.

?

What oil do you use in your engine to protect it?

1. AMSOIL

9.9%
  2. Mobile 1

39.1%
  3. Castol syntech

6.3%
  4. Valvoline SynPower

8.5%
  5. Pennzoil Platinum

7.7%
  6. Kendal

0.7%
  7. Castrol GTX

9.2%
  8. Royal Purple

4.2%
  9. Quaker State

4.9%
  10. Other?

9.5%
  1. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts

Ok its time to see what everone is using to PROTECT their engine.

What motor oil do you run in your Truck?

Well I think it's obvious what I use. The proven best, AMSOIL.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

I use Royal Purple and have for the last year. I've gotten about the same service as from Mobil 1 and may at some time switch back, depending on expenses.
  3. gmcem50

gmcem50 New Member

I used Amsoil in my last Silverado ('89 R-30), but I am using Mobil1 in my current truck ('08 1500) and in my RVs. I would probably still be using Amsoil if there was a convenient place for me to get it. I use Valvoline Synthetic in my Samurai, but I'll probably switch over to Mobil1 in that too. Whatever the dealer puts in the wife's car it what it gets.
  4. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts

I used Quaker state in my truck and Mobil 1 in my wifes van, I am waiting for UPS to drop off my Amsoil tomorrow. Then I will only be using Amsoil.
  5. gimme_a_350

gimme_a_350 New Member

i voted Mobil 1, but I actually use Mobil 5000 conventional oil; I'm in high school and I'm strapped for cash. It's a nice medium between synthetic and 3000 mile conventional.
  6. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

hey scott, i know your not too far from my house in south lyon. do u sell to anyone or do u distribute amsoil only to other distributors?
  7. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts

I sell to Everyone. Retail, Preferred customers, Retail Accounts, Commercial account, and other dealers.

I live in South Lyon.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  8. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

i use kendal full syn, because i get it at cost for $2.00 quart
  9. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I used to use valvoline conventional in my GMC, but now I use Quaker State in my Jeep cuz its cheap at wal mart and ive never had a problem with it. so i voted quaker state
  10. Stouffer

Stouffer New Member

Was using Mobil 1 in everything before the turck. Now I swithced to Royal Purple for the truck