1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What oil?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Camo91, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Camo91

Camo91 New Member

What oil are most of you running, I have been running castrol 10w30 and it is always low after about 1k miles and usually end up adding about 2qts before i change at 3k. Should I change weights or try an additive? I dont notice it smoking or leaking.
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Do you get the little blue puff first thing in the morning?
  3. Camo91

Camo91 New Member

Nope, I never notice it smoking at all unless I rev it a few good times.
  4. KrazeyKraker

KrazeyKraker New Member

i run mobile one 5w30. but your obviously loosing oil somewhere, i would take your truck to a mechanic and have them figure it out, hopefully its nothing major... what motor do you have in there, im running my 5.0 and it has 187,xxx miles and still runs strong
  5. captainstormy

captainstormy New Member

Shell's Rotela 15-40 in my diesel engine. Best diesel oil around IMO.

In my experience some oil leaks can be hard if not almost impossible to spot without pulling the engine. If your not seeing smoke puffs your engine is either burning or leaking oil. Try some Bar's Stop Leak in the oil as per the directions and see if that slows the leak. If not your probably burning it.
  6. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro New Member 100 Posts

yea but if hes burning hed get the blue smoke no matter how much hes burning youd see the blueish smoke,

raise your truck and check the engine for seepage, check for tightness on your oil pan bolt, oil filter, if everything you can see doesnt have seepage and everythings tightened up, try the oil stop leak, if that doesnt work, bring her to a mechanic.