1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what rear end do i have in my truck

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by bmwlover918, Jul 14, 2011.

1. bmwlover918

bmwlover918 New Member

new here i just made the drive from california to ohio back in december unfortunately my truck was having major issues with having an open diff. my truck is a silverado 2004 2500 lt (not an hd) 2wd 3.73 gears and it has 8 lug bolts my question is what is my case size housing so i can get a lsd or airlocker
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Hmmm...since it's not an HD I'm gonna say a GM Corporate 12 bolt.
  3. Bigg Ron

Bigg Ron Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!
    Best to look at your RPO codes in the glove box, the look on line for the RPO code list, here is a link.
    http://www.rpocodes.com/
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It should be a GM Corporate 14-bolt. Does the hub of the axle stick through the center of the rear tires, or is it flush with the face of the tire? If the hub sticks through, you have the full-floater version, if it's flush, it's the semi-floater version.