What repair manual do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bcms6, Dec 20, 2011.

1. bcms6

bcms6 Member

Need one for 2005 Silverado 2500HD. Haynes is usually a bit thin, Bentley only covers up to 1995. What repair manual do you use/recommend? I'm not looking to rebuild the engine, but do need good electrical and plumbing description.

Thanks

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

HelmsInc (Helm's Manual) These are the same thing the dealer use, and they also come on dvd version as well.

I have an 05' Silverado, and I bought the 5 book set from Helm's years ago for $183.00. They are about 50lbs. or heavier, and are very good for wiring diagrams which Is why I bought mine. You won't be sorry, I buy them for every vehicle I have. Without them I never would have been able to do my engine swaps.

3. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ Rockstar

I've always got the Haynes manuals. They cover most things, and it only set me back $15....When i was having some major issues with my 94 6.5 TD Blazer, I was able to check one of those huge manuals out of the library for a few days....Still couldn't solve the problem, But thats besides the point. haha

If its a big issue, Go straight to the pros and pick their brains..

4. MonkeyBiz

MonkeyBiz Member

it's been a while (12 years) since I've bought one, but I always liked chiltons.