1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What sensor am i looking at???

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 95RedBarn, Apr 26, 2010.

1. 95RedBarn

95RedBarn New Member

Hey guys, I cant seem to find my haynes manual and Im not the most knowledgale with the 8s (Im a 4 banger enthusiast lol I know I know) I have a 95 350 tbi, can anyone tell me what sensor is located on the drivers side head between cyl 1 and 3? Mine is broken off. I dont think it is what is causing my bad sputtering and missfires under load, the engine will cut out completely momentarily. Its got 400kms on it and is gettin pretty damn tired but still runs perfect and doesnt burn a drop of oil except the forementioned problem. I still get 550-650kms per tank, just changed the fuel filter and will be doin the cap rotor wires n plugs later today.

Any insight to any of this would be great

Thanks, Steve
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Steve that is your temperature sensor for the guage cluster... And it sounds like you have a fuel pressure problem.. but try the full tune up first...
  3. 95RedBarn

95RedBarn New Member

OK thanks, I was thinkin it was the temp sensor...as for a fuel pressure problem Im not thinkin that myself. I had the slight sputter problem in the fall last year before I parked the truck for pretty much all winter (just had no money to drive) It would happen for 5-10 mins after a cold start and would be mostly noticable during rain or damp mornings. Its just gotten progressivly worst and now does it all the time, only under load though.
  4. 95RedBarn

95RedBarn New Member

Got it figured out now...dizzy was cracked at the back and everything was corroded real bad. New one in there and she runs like a champ, thanks for the help murdog
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Not a problem, glad its running good now.