GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

what should i do next to my truck... need help

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by BALTHIS, Oct 8, 2011.

1. BALTHIS

BALTHIS New Member

what do yall think i should do next to the truck. tow mirrors, brush guard, bull bar, pre runner bar, etc.. i cant make my mind up
    . idgcvoUHSDVOHDVPUQ.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member

Bull bar with lights. What about lights on the roof or HIDs?
  3. BALTHIS

BALTHIS New Member

i want recon head lights and hids in all my lights on the front. you think them cab lights would look retarded were its just a 1500, but im wantin the 2500 hood and grill with the tows color matched like it is now.. what brand bull bar i got a trail fx on my gray truck
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

agreed! needs some lights and a bull bar, the tow mirrors would give it a more HD look.
  5. BALTHIS

BALTHIS New Member

yeah i agree it needs lights. i know go rhino make a pre runner style bar that goes in the bed that i loved if i could find one id put 4 big lights facin forwards and 2 backwards. i wonder how a color matched brush guard would look and keep the 1500 ft end.
  6. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member

The Recon smoked cab roof lights wouldn't look dumb on the truck bud i'm about to install mine in a week or two just havent got around to it. Also having tow mirrors like i got which mine have turn signals on outside of mirrors would help with the 2500hd look. The bull bar i got is the Smittybilt gloss black i got it around christmas last year for 130$ which is hell of a deal from www.autoanything.com.

I plan on buying the lights to go on them and they aren't that exspensive will be mostly for looks they will have halogen bulb's i'm gonna buy and they will have the Angel Eye Halo's around the ring like my headlights and will smoke them to match everything else. A hid kit would be nice to i got the notto se 10,000k low beams and don't plan on getting the high beams. Idk about you but i bought me a bull bar and everything for now until i eventually get both new front and rear bumpers most likely Fab Four i like the look of them color matched. If there's anything else you need to know just holla at me bud.
  7. BALTHIS

BALTHIS New Member

thanks man. the next things im gettin are the tow mirros, and a set of headers. i wonder if i color matched the bull bar. if that would look stupid
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member

I'd go with a black pre-runner bar with two huge Hella 8" lights. The Hella light covers are white with black lettering, matching your truck.
  9. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member

THIS NEXT....

[​IMG]
  10. BALTHIS

BALTHIS New Member

ive thought about the pre runner bar

that trucks sick man. is that urs... how much stuff u gotta change to put the hood and grill on a 1500
  11. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member

12. BALTHIS

BALTHIS New Member

thanks man, i appreciate the link.
  13. Rockstarrchevy81

I think buying the Black bull bar would look good and color matching it would look good also. I plan on getting my tow mirrors painted for $120 at GM dealership by my buddys friend that works in the body shop that's hell of a deal. The mirrors look really good color matched to me since allot of people dont do it really. I already have my bull bar pretty much matched to my truck being it's gloss black.

The Hella lights are nice and the one's i want cost under $100 bucks for the pair with the Angel eye halo's in them http://www.autoanything.com/lights/69A1333A0A0.aspx here is a pic of them. I will just tint them with my vinyl and add halogen bulb's for maybe $40- $50 and they will look like one of a kind for under $200. I think if you color matched your exhaust tips on the truck if you have exhaust would look clean. I got powdercoated gloss black 3 1/2 by 18 inch tips that have the rolled edges for like $120 and love them. www.assuredautomotive.com is the site i believe them might could make you some custom ones if you wanted them to let you know.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  14. BALTHIS

BALTHIS New Member

i got a custom 3 inch y pipe back into a cherry bomb extreme that dumped right over the rear end with 4.5 inch tips. the tips come down in a angle i take a pic tom and post it fer ya to check it out. it looks mean when u drive up behind it or lookin across the parkn lot if ur far enought away to see half the diff cover.

and ill pro do a 2500 ft end with the gmc bumper and bottom valance with a bull bar thats color matched with black and white tow mirrors. i got a sick idea for em thatl make ya get a hard on son i believe haha.
  15. Gregsyellorado

Gregsyellorado New Member

Sav the money to put toward a 2500 conversion, that would look killer.
  16. BALTHIS

BALTHIS New Member

yeah thats what il end up doin over winter, when i put the truck up cause i prob wont have it out with snow and salt on the rd. prob pull the bed and do some cleanin up and paintin and under the hood, and do a 2011 or 12 2500 swap. on the ft end with custom painted tow mirrors. ima use a serria 2500 bumper and lower valance cause it aint got the tag place. so it will be cleaner. its gettin a bottom window stip in a week or so. waitin to get my truck taged in a Kentucky cause i got busted bad the other day.
  17. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member

Tow mirrors for sure!!!! That would make the biggest little difference if that makes any sense. It makes your front and rear stance look so much better. I say no on the grill bar too. If anything maybe a prerunner bar but I like the clean look myself. I also agree about saving up for the HD conversion!
  18. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i like the HD conversion too but i guess we got all different way's to make it like a 2500HD. The only reason i want do the grille as a 2500hd is because i'm getting a 1 piece black mesh grille with chrome rivets it's basically a RBP knockoff for $305 so damn good deal. My bumper pad's i plan on changing out with one's that have the fog lights and selling the old ones enough or half as much to get the new one's painted. Anyway i think that is hell of a idea for the truck! Would it be too much of a hassle to put a duramax 6.6 Liter turbo diesel into a 1500? I bet it would be a beast on the track.. DAAAMMMNN
  19. BALTHIS

BALTHIS New Member

yeah id do somethin like that too to the grill. and idk about a d max. id rather have a 408 stroker with a big pro charger.
  20. IdahoChevy91

IdahoChevy91 New Member

Definitely color match the mirrors no doubt, and depending on what you use your truck for, one thing I think would look sick is getting a spare wheel and tire matched to your other four, and get a mount for in the bed for it, im wanting to do that to mine. Here's just a google pic of what im talking about.
    DSC01402.jpg [/I][/B]