GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

What should I do next?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Klutch Mclovin, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin New Member

My truck is two tone, dark grey on top tan on bottom. I want some ideas what I should do next. I was tossing some ideas around, but not quite sure what to do. I thought about an 06 front end conversion or a train horn just not sure. Sorry for being inactive lately, my computer broke so all I have is my phone for now.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. donyms

donyms New Member

Hi Klutch, well, everybody has different taste when it comes to fixing up there trucks and they all look pretty good when complete so check out my truck and maybe you will get some ideas and check out all the Silverados you can find on line, there is allot of good ideas out there and allot of bad ones that is were you have to decide. Good luck :glasses:
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Ditch the tan and go all dark grey. :)
  4. 2006bowtie

2006bowtie New Member

If you wouldn't mind me asking where you got your HIDs? I had a set of halos and didn't like them. Then peeled one off on a mailbox backing up into a driveway.....oops. But I wanted to go hid, but couldn't differ the good from cheap wanna he's.
  5. donyms

donyms New Member

Hi again Curtis, I use the Phillips HIDs. Now they are a little pricey but I think they are worth it. You can get the kit for 150 - 200 on the Phillips site but I had to call to get the discount. If you can't swing that look on V-Leds.com they have kits for around 59.00 , My girlfriends car has those and they work great but make sure you get the relay also for them. My Headlights are Elegant by TYC and I have to say after 4 sets of headlights including Spyder CCFL Halos that cost 360.00 I found that just about all the after market headlights are terrible quality and shake when you are driving but these TYCs are at least as good of quality as the OEM headlights and they were only 112.00 and the HIDs work perfect in them and I don't blind people any more. LOL!!!!
  6. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member

Sit down and make yourself a "wish list". After you have completed the list, try to prioritize what mods you want to do 1st to last and keep in mind your budget. If you're on a tight budget, you may want to complete the least expensive ones first. Good luck!
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  7. Klutch Mclovin

How much do you think it would cost to do that? If I did that should I get black tail lights, black wheels, black 3rd brake light. I just need some ideas I will have around $400 in the next couple and I couldn't think if anything to do.
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I doubt you could get the paint work done for 4 bills. :(
  9. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member

Its probably at least $1000 even at Maaco. You can save yourself alot of money if you do all the pre prep work yourself. Fill and sand any dings, sand and water sanding will save alot in the long run.
  10. Klutch Mclovin

Yeah, I figured. I think I might keep it two to be more original anyways. I can get some new wheels for around $400-500. What kinda wheels should I go with? One of my friends said I should get some black mickey thompson classic II wheels, but I'm not sure.
  11. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member

There are tons of wheels out there. Try looking on TIRERACK.COM, Discounttire.com or ebay. That is a good plce to start or I think we also have a on-site sponsor clled RIMZ that has great deals on wheel tire packages.
  12. 2006bowtie

2006bowtie New Member

awesome thanks man!