Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What should I do to get better gas mileage?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by BigA, Apr 20, 2011.

1. BigA

BigA New Member

Hey guys! Im new here this is actually my first post, ive decided that I need to get start looking at what I should do to get better gas mileage in my truck. Gas prices are getting crazy:shocked: I have a 2007 crew cab Silverado its the new body style and has the 4.8L in it. I havnt done anything to it yet, but im looking to spend around $1000 to try and get better mileage out of it. Im open to any suggestions, and would love to hear what you guys are getting and what you run.

Thanks!

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

If you search the forums some there are probably about 100 threads talking about milage and what to do... welcome aboard and good luck with the new rg

3. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the club......... Tire pressure..... driving style.......Tune up( plugs,cap, rotor, air filter) Synthetic fluids in all the parts...

4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Why not spend the 1k on gas? If you just want to justify purchasing intake/exhaust than that's cool. I know if I got a new intake and cat back (better mpg) it would only make me drive harder ie: worse mpg. Just my $0.02

5. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Me too thats why I'm scared to do it. LOL

6. BigA

BigA New Member

Do synthetic fluids make that much of a difference? Also to answer you up there I can keep my foot out of it if I got exaust and a intake, sure I will get in it every once in awhile to feel what I can done but ill stay out of it for the most part. I was generally just wondering what the is the best way I could spend around a grand to get better mileage. Programmer, intake ect.

7. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

They will help in the long run for the longevity of the vehicle and mabey up to .5mpg total. but they really are just a big help but if you keep up on the dino fluids then they will help as well. nothing will give you better milage that just keeping up on the vehicle maintenance.

8. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

That's always the dilemma. If you can control your driving habits and keep your foot off the accelerator then those sorts of mods will help. Ultimately, its up to your self control. Of course, without a new cai/exhaust/etc, you can still positively affect your mpg by changing your driving habits.

9. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I lack the self control to stay out of the right pedel...:grrrrrr:

10. BigA

BigA New Member

Has anyone had any good experiences with programmers?I've been looking around a little bit and the bully dog gt looks decent.