1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What should I do to my truck next?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by AnimalYates, Aug 4, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Z71 Coltman

Z71 Coltman New Member

I'd go with the exhaust too. Fork out few extra dollars for it.(work a little overtime one week, your truck will thank you)
  2. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member 100 Posts

Well guys I made a decision. Getting my windows tinted 35% all around next Tuesday. Getting a shop in Dayton, Oh near where I live to do it for $100 labor and all! Not too shabby! I think my GM certification MIGHT cover my speaker problem but I'm not sure. My driver door speaker has been out since I bought the truck in December because I have never had a door chime... it's caused me to lock my keys in the truck twice lol.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  3. missingremote

missingremote New Member

I would keep it stock, ride height. The wheels will corner better. And it's easier to get yourself in and out of the driver's seat.
    excessive window tint looks bad to me. from a view point of Outside looking in. I like to be seen as I'm driving. Go with normal/ factory tint
  4. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I agree with going with the tint man! My first mod was tinting my windows since the back glass and two side windows came from the factory tinted except the passenger and driver front windows! I tinted the front passenger/driver to match the factory tint and then tinted 5% on top of that all the way around with a 5% eyebrow on the windshield! I love my truck being dark and keep's it cooler but not too much being i have a black truck! I guess you wanna spend money on factory tint i believe since it's 35% is very light tint but your getting a good deal i guess! Good luck with that you might wanna get them tinted darker in the future though lol!
  5. rf58

rf58 Member

put something on your truck

my dad always told me when i wanted to put something on my truck if they (meaning GMC ) thought that ( meaning what i was going to put on)should have been on there they would have put it on at the factory.
    he got a new truck every year.
    he did get the fancy cab. and chrome grills. he hauled MILK in cans.
  6. dknoerzer

dknoerzer New Member

Good call on the tints. Personally, I think the blacked out windows help the appearance a lot, breaks up the color a bit, otherwise all that red can be a bit much. Lookin good though
  7. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member 100 Posts

I've been thinkin about this comment and I never knew that the factory tint was 35%? If it is then I might have to go a little darker. I just didn't want to almost BLACK out my windows but I guess 20% aint toooo bad. Might have the get it 20 all the way around or at least 20 on the windshield and back glass. Thanks man