Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What should i put in my truck tool box?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Barnettamb, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Barnettamb

Barnettamb Member

I just got a tool box for my truck and right now i have a few basic tools and some tie downs and a football.... what are some ideas of useful tings to put in a tool box
    -thanks

2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

make sure they are your "cheap tools" that way if someone breaks into the tool box you don't lose anything of "real" value. Maybe some tow straps, jack stands, emergency road kit, flash light, fishing supplies if you fish, beer, ice.

3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Jumper cables, tire plug kit, plug in air pump, WD-40, duct tape, tire pressure gauge, maybe quart of oil and anti-freeze. I know there is probably more that I didn't list and not all are necessary to have with you but its better to be prepared.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Block of wood to stabilize your jack on dirt, Axe, tarp, coil of rope, coveralls.

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ammunition for a roof-mounted, belt-fed 50 caliber machine gun with paddle triggers mounted on the steering column. :rofl:

6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Let me know where I can order one :) That 1080p Class IV military spec thermal camera is still an option..... LOL

7. mudpuppy

mudpuppy Rockstar 100 Posts

an Asian sex slave. naaaa just kidding. you can fit atleast 3 in there :)

8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Gloves, tow strap, hot blonde, and everything else listed above

9. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

This is why I have an SUV, a bed tool box is just never enough. :lol:As a Boy Scout you're supposed to have a ten essentials kit i.e. first aid kit, matches, rope, rain gear, emergency stuff, and what not. I just bring my truck its the one essential kit. :tongue:

10. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

bad the roof mounted .50 cal is so much easier to use with a CROWS system integrated into the in dash navigation.

on a serious note, everyone has already hit on the important stuff. one thing ill add is a couple bottles of drinking water. you never know when you might want to have it to drink, wash etc.

Alex