1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What size GM/Chevrolet wheels fit a 1993 Chevrolet K2500 Subburban?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by dennisshipman, Aug 6, 2013.

1. dennisshipman

dennisshipman New Member

The theme for my truck was what it should have looked like from the factory. So, I do not want tons of nifty and expensive aftermarket components on it, which is why I am running chrome 16" Denali rims. They look really good and give a good gripe with the Cooper rubber when I go off-road maybe once or twice a month. But I really want to full out that wheel well, and need to know what are the biggest stock - e.g., General Motors Corporation or Chevrolet - rims I can fit on this application. Since it is not electronic, what would I have to do, if anything, to recalibrate the transmission once I do?
  2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

You have to change the speedo gear in the trans. It's quite simple: 700r4 application?

Undo the speedo gear from the trans
    Remove the retainer from the gear housing that the cable screwed to via 3/8x16? Bolt (1/2" head)?
    Slide the housing out of the trans (you may need a big set of channel locks to get a hold of it good)
    And vua la

Reverse order for install.
    Disclaimer: I haven't looked at a 700r4 In a few years now so some steps may vary lol
    Post photo of your trans for help

You should be able to fit 33's with a leveling kit with 16" wheel the equivalent is a 285/75/16
    Numerical size will differ with wheel size change