What size is a 98 Chevy step side bed

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by JohnGTO, Jan 11, 2010.

1. JohnGTO

JohnGTO New Member

Hi,
    I am a Pontiac/ Chevy guy. I have just recently got this Custom Dodge truck from a family member that I am trying to restore to sell. It's really custom.
    I was wondering if anyone knows the top inside bed dimensions on a 1998 Chevy step side with a regular cab. I have a bed the looks just like that on a Dodge truck that I am trying to find a cover for and nobody that sells the covers is helping me.
    I have loaded a picture so everyone can see this truck.
    The only thing that was suggested is that this bed was made for a limited time for Dodge while they were making them for Chevys.
    I just trying to see if the Chevy is the same so I don't have to have one custom made.

Thanks!
    John C
    Marlton, NJ
    Attached Thumbnails[​IMG]

2. GMNUT

GMNUT New Member

Just a thought, I have done this myself on some covers and years. Look up the covers part numbers on both trucks and see if they match. or you could get the dimentions of a review site for those trucks and years. You would be surprised at what you can find thru searches. Just takes some time. Hope this helps.

3. JohnGTO

JohnGTO New Member

Step side Bed size

Hi, Thanks for the advice.
    I have found out through another member that the 88-98 Chevy C/K Step side has the same bed with
    the Dodge tail lights. I had install a TUff TONNo and it looks Great!

Thanks,
    John C