What Size Rear Do I Have

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by davedyno, Jan 31, 2014.

1. davedyno

davedyno Member

What size rear, what Trans do I have. I would like to order on line like GM Part Direct. I gave them my Vin # they say rear cover gasket has 14 Holes, I count 10 Holes.
    I would like to order Trans Filter, Pan Gasket, rear end cover gasket.

2011 Silverado Ext 4X4, 5.3, Z71,Z85 Pkg, 6 speed auto,trailering Pkg,Trailer Brake Controller, 18" Wheels

Thanks
    Dave

2. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Sorry, I can't really help you but the title of your thread made my day a little better. I am still laughing a little now.

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Dave, on your Trans.....it is the 6L80e 6-SPEED AUTO/TRANSMISSION, the RPO Code is "MYC"......and with Counting 10-Bolts, your Rear Diff would look like this one below.

[​IMG]

The GM 8.6" Rear, '09 & Up. Has 10 Bolt Cover and 30 Spline C/Clip Axles.

Ring Gear Diameter: 8.500
    Cover Bolts: 10
    Ring Gear Bolts: 10
    Spline Count: 30
    Dropout: False
    Pinion Support: False
    Carrier Breaks: 2.56 / 2.73
    Rear Suspension: Solid
    Pinion Nut Size: 1-1/4

Link/for Rear Diff Information
    http://www.ringpinion.com/DiffWizard.aspx

Dave go to the Link Below, and Enter your Trucks Vin #Number, and it will show you everything it Came with from the Factory, along with the all of the RPO Codes.
    Link,

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Did you buy your truck new or pre-owned? If new, do you still have the window sticker? See if it says on there what rear end you have.

5. davedyno

davedyno Member

Thanks 99' HEARTBEAT. Great information

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

After I read my own post, I see what you mean. I'm laughing too.
    Dave

- - - Updated - - -

I still have window sticker, it say's rear axle 3.42, locking rear differential. 99'HEARTBEAT have the info I needed.
    Thanks
    Dave

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Your Welcome Dave......:great:.....also Inside your Glove Box is a White Tag/Sticker....which is the Service Parts I.D. Tag(Pictured Below)and on it you will see your Vehicles Vin # Number and a Series of Letter's and Number's which are RPO Codes.....which stands for Regular Production Options...In Short its what your Vehicle came with from the Factory,

the Service Parts Identification Label

[​IMG]