1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What Size Rear Do I Have

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by davedyno, Jan 31, 2014.

1. davedyno

davedyno Member

What size rear, what Trans do I have. I would like to order on line like GM Part Direct. I gave them my Vin # they say rear cover gasket has 14 Holes, I count 10 Holes.
    I would like to order Trans Filter, Pan Gasket, rear end cover gasket.

2011 Silverado Ext 4X4, 5.3, Z71,Z85 Pkg, 6 speed auto,trailering Pkg,Trailer Brake Controller, 18" Wheels

Thanks
    Dave
  2. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Sorry, I can't really help you but the title of your thread made my day a little better. I am still laughing a little now.
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Dave, on your Trans.....it is the 6L80e 6-SPEED AUTO/TRANSMISSION, the RPO Code is "MYC"......and with Counting 10-Bolts, your Rear Diff would look like this one below.

[​IMG]

The GM 8.6" Rear, '09 & Up. Has 10 Bolt Cover and 30 Spline C/Clip Axles.

Ring Gear Diameter: 8.500
    Cover Bolts: 10
    Ring Gear Bolts: 10
    Spline Count: 30
    Dropout: False
    Pinion Support: False
    Carrier Breaks: 2.56 / 2.73
    Rear Suspension: Solid
    Pinion Nut Size: 1-1/4

Link/for Rear Diff Information
    http://www.ringpinion.com/DiffWizard.aspx

Dave go to the Link Below, and Enter your Trucks Vin #Number, and it will show you everything it Came with from the Factory, along with the all of the RPO Codes.
    Link,
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc Active Member Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Did you buy your truck new or pre-owned? If new, do you still have the window sticker? See if it says on there what rear end you have.
  5. davedyno

davedyno Member

Thanks 99' HEARTBEAT. Great information

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

After I read my own post, I see what you mean. I'm laughing too.
    Dave

- - - Updated - - -

I still have window sticker, it say's rear axle 3.42, locking rear differential. 99'HEARTBEAT have the info I needed.
    Thanks
    Dave
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Your Welcome Dave......:great:.....also Inside your Glove Box is a White Tag/Sticker....which is the Service Parts I.D. Tag(Pictured Below)and on it you will see your Vehicles Vin # Number and a Series of Letter's and Number's which are RPO Codes.....which stands for Regular Production Options...In Short its what your Vehicle came with from the Factory,

the Service Parts Identification Label

[​IMG]