1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What size tire with 2.25" leveling kit?2010 sierra, I looked and looked already..

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Falcone, Nov 8, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Falcone

Falcone New Member 100 Posts

Hey guys so I looked for a while in various threads but there's not a clear answer. What size tires can I fit with a 2.25" leveling kit? Stock " holey" chrome rims, 4x4,ext cab. Would a 2.5" coil over shock be a better option rather than blocks? Tires will be nitto trail grapplers, or possibly mickey Thompson atz or mtz ,but really liking the trail grappler reviews.
    Thanks a bunch guys, hoping to get this done next week before the snow hits.
  2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

year and model? You can fit up to a 285/70/17 with the leveling kit installed.
  3. Falcone

Sorry forgot to put it in the actual post, it's a 2010 gmc sierra ext cab 4x4 with the z85 suspension.
  4. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 100 Posts

5. Falcone

Alright, so lots of room for 33/12.5/17 then? I'm confirming what brand the kit is today, would adding a 2" block to the rear to keep the rake effect the clearance?
  6. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 100 Posts

No! If you call ready lift, they will answer all of your concerns for free.
  7. BurbanMan

the blocks will keep it close to the factory rake, yes.
  8. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 100 Posts

OK, keep the effect "NO" keep the clearance "YES"!
  9. Falcone

Yeah that's what I'm going for, basically 2" lift all around. I'm fine with it being slightly leveled but I don't want to look like I'm towing a bulldozer when I hook up one of my boats or load up with fire wood. So, 2.25" in the front and take out the 1" factory blocks in the rear and put in 3". Sound about right? Now he offers a 2.25" block for the level kit for $270, and a 2.5" coil over for $350,would the coil over be the better option? As it's a suspension lift and not just a block? I was thinking of just doing the level now and then the rear blocks and possibly blistiens all around in the spring.
  10. BurbanMan

the strut spacer is the ONLY way for you to lift the front of your truck without spending a tone of money. Blocks of same quality can be purchased at your local parts house for $50...