what size tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Janglin1, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Janglin1

Janglin1 New Member

I recently installed a 2" leveling kit on my 09 Silverado. Im trying to decide what size tire will look good without sticking out to far past the body. I currently have 275/55R20 street tires. I talked to an off road company and they recommended 285/50R20 terra grapplers but they are smaller than the 275 I have. What would be a good looking tire and tire size?

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Are you looking more for an all-terrain type tire (BFG A/T KO, Nitto terra grapplers, Goodyear Wrangler etc...) or a more aggressive mud-terrain type tire (Nitto Trail Grapplers, Goodyear Wrangler MTR, BFG KM2 etc...) ?

3. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

275/60/20 will fit good.

4. Janglin1

Janglin1 New Member

TELORVEHC - Looking for more of an all terrain type tire.

5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I have the BFG All-Terrain KO's and they're great. The tread life is very good, and I get great traction is just about every sort of terrain, plus they're relatively quiet for having an aggressive tread pattern, and they look pretty good IMO.

6. Fan45acp

Fan45acp Member

Here is a few pictures of my 09 with 275-60-20 Cooper Zeon with a 2" RC level..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. LSUtigers

LSUtigers New Member

is 275/60/r20 the tallest tire that will fit on those stock chrome rims with the level kit (i have the same ones)? I'd rather a taller than wider tire, so at least 275 or 285. Thanks!

8. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

What is your rim size?

9. LSUtigers

LSUtigers New Member

sorry, I have the stock chrome clad 20" rims (they are 8.5 wide I believe, the exact ones shown in the pics above)

10. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Pretty much. Unless you're willing to trim.