What size wheels and tires for a leveled 09

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by kwalls22, Sep 29, 2010.

1. kwalls22

kwalls22 Rockstar

I have a 2.5" leveling kit on my silverado and was wondering what size tires i can get for my truck. I want them as tall and wide as possible without having to do any cutting or trimming of my wheel wells. If you could tell me the right offset of the wheel and the max width of the tire without rubbing that would be great. Thanks for the help

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is a kick ass link ntbush!! I was looking at the widest and the tallest and I wonder what the height and width difference is between a 305 65 17 and a 295 70 17?? I was thinking I would need to stick with a 285, but looks like I have a few options when I get bigger tires!!

4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ha thanks man. Yeah I found that and was like dang i'm saving that site on my computer.

5. VectraGT

VectraGT Rockstar

Great Link!

6. WI_z71

WI_z71 Member

I question the "Direct Fit" Label that they put on their site though. For instance, I am looking at buying new tires for my 08 Sierra 1500 with the stock 265/70-17s and it says that 295/70-17s will fit without any modification or issues at all...but I know that those tires are too big for my truck without at least a leveling kit...and the speedometer would be off quite a bit as well...so be careful, unless I am incorrect.

Here is the search I was using

http://www.rimsntires.com/package_t...ireBrand=Nitto&sortTiresBy=closest to OEM fit

7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts