What spark plugs do you use and why ( 2000 and newer silverado's and sieras )

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by PantheraUncia, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Learned a lesson awhile back. To bad I had to learn it more than once! OE Plugs and wires only!

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The NGK's are/were the same as the AC Delcos. my stock plugs had Acdelco on one side of the plug and NGK on the other side. posted pics of it somewhere on this blog a while back. I like NGK's too. run them in my wifes car and my commuter

3. justin price

justin price New Member

alright how about a 2001 GMC Sierra z71 with the stage 3 Hypertech performance chip and cold air intake an exhaust what would y'all request running in it

4. justin price

justin price New Member

also with MSD 8.5 millimeter wires

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

justin price.....as mentioned in the Thread here.....Going with and Staying with Factory/OEM Plugs is the Way to Go is with...and the Plugs I run in my 5.3 Liter are the......A/C Delco Iridium Tip Spark Plugs....

I would also mention, that the Spark Plug Fastener Tightening Spec's. are 11 lb ft and also make sure to use some.....Anti-Seize Compound on your Spark Plugs, is Particularly Advisable with Engine Head's made of Aluminum, and use Dielectric Grease, Use your finger to Spread the Dielectric Grease around the Ceramic Portion of the Spark Plug. This will Help Keep a Dry Environment for the Spark Plug to Wire Connection. The Grease will also make Re-Installation of the Plug Wires Easier.