1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What speakers do I have?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Suburby, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Suburby

Suburby New Member

Most of you are probably coming into this thread thinking, "Why not look it up with Crutchfield or something similar?", and the answer is a breach in trust. I used them to look up my wife's speakers in her 05 Ram. Said 6.5" in all 4 doors. So, thats what I ordered. I took the doors apart, and the rear required 6" and the front was 6x9s in the doors. Soooo, that said, I thought I would ask in here. I know the rear ceiling has 4x10s, those are easy to tell. Popping the cover off took 3sec at most, so Ive identified them. But what is in the front/rear doors. I dont have barn doors, so Im guessing thats why the 4x10s are in the ceiling in the cargo area.

Guess I should mention 96 1500 is what I am asking about. Any help would be appreciated. Last time I took the doors off was in 2007 to replace a door handle, and I honestly dont remember the speaker size. Guessing 6"?
  2. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Sorry, I checked the shop manual on my 98 and it does not give the size. I used Crutchfield for my truck but all it takes is one bad experience to loose a customer.
  3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Pretty sure you it's 6 1/2's up front and 6 3/4's in the rear doors.
  4. Suburby

Suburby New Member

thanks for the input guys. im probably going to have to take the doors apart to find out for sure. one site said 4x6s, another said 5-1/4, and now possibly 6-1/2 and 6-3/4. guess these had some options or something. havent found 2 places that match yet.
  5. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

4x6" speakers up front are for the early 90's trucks with the weird dash (the one with the radio in two separate places).