1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What "strange" things have you eaten?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Coach24, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Through another thread I was asked if I would eat rats , I said yes. The the question came up of whether I had eaten squirrel. Again it was Yes.
    So I thought it would be interesting to see what others have eaten that is considered exotic, strange, or just wrong. Please stick to meats, root veggies and such .
    Here are a few that I have eaten;
    Dog, cat, porcupine, Armadillo, Gator, Rattle snake, Blow snake, Garter snake, Pot guts, Prarrie Dogs, Ground Hogs, Skunk, Squirrel,Crow(Bird and otherwise), Sparrow, Turtle along with more standard game like; Mule Deer,Elk, Bison, Buffalo,Antelope,Rocky Mountain big horn,Bobcat, Cougar(Yes both four legged and .....),Mescal worm.

Well I have eaten more but you get the idea , so get posting and lets have fun with this.

2. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

gator, squirell, deer(white tail) black bear,pheasnt, ummm i know there is more i just cant think of it right now

3. Coach24

Well that's a start now we need others to post. I know[MENTION=44044]GMCErica[/MENTION] has eaten wild game but other than that I think I should let her speak for herself..........

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I spent quite a few years stationed in the Western Pacific so theres a few things I ate that I'm not sure what they were but heres a list of the most notable ones I remember:
    Cat, Dog, Water Buffalo, Yak, Lama, Iguana, Crocodile, Quala bear, Kangaroo, Sea Turtle, Pidgeon, Seagull, tarsier, Weevils, Milipeeds and Centipeeds, Moray eel, Whale Shark, and Mouse Deer.

5. Coach24

Cool I would like to try some of those

6. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I have a list thats common down here in the south but maybe strange to others

chitterlings ( chittlin's)
    sousemeat
    pork brains (gotta have with eggs ,gravy and biscuits)
    pork snout
    beef tongue
    head cheeze
    bbq goat and coon
    squirrel
    gator
    crawfish ( bucket full with a pitcher of beer)
    polk salad (gotta have with bacon drippings)
    tried but didn't like the frog legs:no:

7. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Obenero ghost pepper...

Lots of beer after that.

8. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'd say the "weirdest" thing I have ever eaten would be Rocky Mountain Oysters or as some may call them, bull testicles.

9. Coach24

Ok I know what chittlins are. but you got me on sousemeat.
    I have enjoyed beef and pork tongue. In fact got a beef tongue just yesterday.
    Not familiar with the Polk salad.
    Love frog legs and goat meat as well as lamb. Goats milk is very good. Scrambled eggs and brain very good.Havent had for many years though.

10. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

lets see, squirel, rabbit, wild turkey, black bear, snake (dunno what kind) rocky mountain oysters, whitetail, mule deer, grouse, pheasant. lotsa kinds of fish, catfish, walleye, sunfish, crappie, bass (lots of kinds of that)

Alex