What the HECK is going on?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 1991 K2500, Feb 4, 2010.

1. 1991 K2500

1991 K2500 New Member

1991 K2500 350tbi

I noticed when I got out of my truck last night that it sounded like my fuel pump was sitll running. I didn't think much of it. Thought maybe it was returning unused fuel to the tank. Well go this morning and I still hear it!!! Ever heard of this? What could it be?

2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

A bad oil pressure sending unit can trip the fuel pump and keep it running even when the engine is off.
    Unplug your oil sending unit, and the pump should shut off. If not then we'll look at different possibilities.

3. 1991 K2500

1991 K2500 New Member

I'll look into that!! Never would have thought of that!!

4. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Let us know what happens, and if that is the case.

5. 1991 K2500

1991 K2500 New Member

Well you were right. Bad oil pressure sending unit. It was a PAIN to replace but I got it done. It's right under the distributor and next to imposable to get to. I ended up taking the distributor off. I was cussing some engineers!!!! Of course me not having any covered area to work on it during the freezing rain didn't make it any easier but I got it done. !!!! Thanks for the tips!!!!!

6. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

lol iknow the problem there is nagative line and posative line , the nagative supply from the truck body and the posative comes from battery so u have short on the body make the fuel pump running try to check the wires