1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What the proper name for the grille/ radiator cover?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by SoCal Chevy, Mar 9, 2012.

1. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy New Member

I have a 2007 NBS silverado and the grillle got cracked awhile ago. I got the grille replaced but they didnt replace the plastic cover that goes on top of it under the hood. It seems like it would be pretty cheap so I was just going to buy it and replace it myself but I dont know what the proper name for it is. If anyone could tell me the proper name , or give me a link to a website where I can buy it, or even the part number if anyone knows it, it would be much appreciated. I know I can get it from the dealer but I dont want to get over charged unless I have too.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

From what you have mentioned, the part your asking about is Called.....A Upper Baffle Radiator Cover......in the below Diagram Number #1....I believe is the part your asking about??...
    [​IMG]
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Can you be a little more precise with your response ^^^^^^^ and see if you can clean that visual up a little.....slacker :glasses:
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

I'm sorry Mike, I'll try harder next time.....:lol:
  5. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy New Member

Thanks man! That's exactly the part I was looking for!

Now does anyone know where I can buy it? Google shopping and amazon didn't have any results :erf:
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

Next to your local Dealership, I would try E-Bay, G.M.Parts Direct and last local Salvage yard......
  7. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy New Member

the salvage yards around here are really strict about letting in people who are under 18, but im gunna try ebay and gm parts right now. thanks man!
  8. AMac

AMac New Member ROTM Winner

Once you have a part number just Google GM Part No. "x" and fill the x with the part number. I've found GM parts direct to be more expensive than most other OEM distributers. And def. call some local dealers. When you get one price tell the other dealer the price you just received from the other guy and ask him to beat it. I did that for my OEM grille and ended up getting it cheaper locally than buying it online. It's the S&H that adds $$$ to the final cost.

Good Luck.
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you're still looking around around and haven't found something new, check out this link for used auto-parts. Once you key in your information, it will tell you the salvage yards that have the part, how close they are to you, and depending on the salvage yard, some even ship.

http://www.car-part.com/