1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What Tires Should I get for my 2007 Silverado with stock 20" rims?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by JoeEspo1, Dec 18, 2009.

1. JoeEspo1

JoeEspo1 New Member

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the website and just registered today. I will set up my profile and post some pics soon. I am ready to replace my original Goodyear LS2's on my 2007 Silverado at 45,000 miles (size 275/55/20). They were good on dry roads, but awful in the rain and snow which we get a fair amount of here in New England. I want a nice All-Terrain tire that will not kill my mileage and ride quiet and smooth on highways. However, I want something I can also really get around in on snow, ice, and occasional off roading. The LS2's were great on dry roads, but awful in the rain and snow. I have stock 20" rims which means a wider tire and heard that they are a little worse in the snow compared to the more narrow 16-18" wheels. So for my set-up and needs, what do you guys recommend? BF Goodrich AT KO's are great, I had them on my old blazer but they don't make them in 275/55/20 and I don't want some quite that aggressive and rought on dry roads. I heard great things about Toyo Open Country AT's. Let me know what you guys think for tires this size. I will be sure to post some pics and vids of me doing some neutral drops and break stands the night before I get my new tires. Thanks again.

Joe
    Danbury CT
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado
    Vortec Max 6.0L 367 HP
    GM Performance Air Intake
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ifyour open to it I would suggest getting some 17" stock wheels and outfitting them with a good winter tire for the snow season, keeping your 20's for the summer months. I been running Cooper Discoverer H/T plus tires (305/50/20) all summer and they did great in the rain, not really an all-terrain but not just a summer street tire either. I just switched to my O.E. 17" rims for the winter to protect my 20's from the road salt and for better traction in the snow. Oh, I almost forgot, Welcome to the site!:glasses:
  3. Viper

Viper Rockstar 100 Posts

agreed, your not going to get a tire that does everything your looking for, however got with a nice AT radial tire (micky thompson ATZ) and go with a set of snow tires for the winter
  4. blcdog

blcdog New Member

That's what I did.
    I have the factory 20's off the 08 Suburban LT and switched them out for OEM 17"s with Nokian WR SUV Tires for the winter.

The 20"s have Bridgestone Alenza's which are a nice tire, but I like the Coopers better. Had ATR's on my 02 Jeep GC Overland, and that was a great all around tire.

Factory take offs in all sizes are readily available too.
  5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would recommend the BFGoodrich All Terrain. great tire in the snow, dry, and rain. I have had great experience with them, especially in the snow
  6. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

agreed, many people run them here in utah, and my dad's truck, with the all-terrains, does just fine going up the cnayons around here
  7. mitchlbuck

mitchlbuck New Member

I'd say go with some Nitto Terra Grapplers. They're a great all around tire
  8. DarkCherry

DarkCherry Rockstar

Cooper Zeon LTZ's come in the 20's and supposedly are a great tire on and off road. I plan on buying those for my truck when my wife will let me get rid of these good year road slicks. Still can't believe they put highway tires on a 4x4 truck.