1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What to buy for the new truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Harrison, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Harrison

Harrison New Member

So I'm buying a 2010 SLT CC tomorrow and I need to get some of the necessities out of the way. Some recommendations would be excellent for these parts. Especially info about where to find the parts on the cheap.

I was thinking a Craftsman fixed mounted diamond plate toolbox?

I need a cat back with duels ASAP. I like a loud vehicle and strait pipes out under the bumper. Also want to bolt it on myself. I have a Corsa on my Challenger but I was planning on adding Kooks LT's. I'm only going with a cat back on this truck, so louder would be better. Where can I find a deal?

I like the chrome GMC grill. Should I just buy from the dealership?

Thanks for the help! I drive the new truck home tomorrow or Monday
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

the new Sierras look awesome, congrats on the new truck and welcome to the forum. The diamond plate toolbox would look sick. Check Summit racing or Stylintrucks.com for your exhaust. As for the grill, I would shop around, since the dealership would probably jack the price up for the grill, just my 2 cents.
  3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome!The chrome grill sounds like a good idea for your new truck,but i would also look around other than buying it from the dealer.You also may want to think about the space the new toolbox would take up as the box on your truck is only 5'8".
  4. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 New Member

:sign0016: to the Club. I also think the grill sound nice

Steve
  5. coreyallen11

coreyallen11 New Member

First thing id buy is a cooler and fill it with ice and cold beer or soda just to get to know her a lil better
  6. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I love my grill. Dealer installed and it bolts over the factory grill.
  7. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

congrats on the CC---ours is now 2 months old, and we love it ---I agree with BigBomber about the room the toolbox will take up on you, but they do look nice---also, I have noticed black front tow hooks on some Sierras, but you can get front chrome ones for around 60 or 70 bucks.
  8. Harrison

Harrison New Member

Sound like a plan. This is actually why I got that toolbox. I measured it and it will fit several 30 packs in there. Just in time for the cold weather!

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

I found a chrome cover that snaps on over the stock grill. It was only a hundred bucks, so I hope it works...
  9. Harrison

Harrison New Member

Guys,

Thanks for the input. Got the truck, put a Craftsman toolbox in there (in honor of my grandfather), the chrome running boards, Line X, chrome door handles (don't know why), chrome Imposter grill -cost 100 bucks..., Flowmaster Force II exhaust (took 2 hours by myself - first time, and backed up on a curb - very easy and I'll never pay to have a cat back put on again). Got 550 miles on her and found some mud!!!

Barely miss the Challenger. But I have driven over to the dealership 3 times just to look at her. Different toys, but you can't compare.

Side note. I think anything louder then then the Flowmaster Force II is too much for what I need. It has a great sound outside, but any more drone would be too much. Don't get me wrong, I had Kooks LTs a Corsa, and lots more on my Challenger and I loved it. Never got a head ache, cause I always loved the sound, tone and decibel, but if you are looking for something to move a family around in, the Fmaster is just right.

My wife and co-workers said I'd never get her dirty, but I'm keeping the mud on there. I do wanna put a nice wax on her before winter sets in, but I'm scared they will find out!

Mike
  10. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Congrats on the truck. Let's see some pics!