what to do you think of plasti dip?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by gabethesvg, Oct 16, 2012.

1. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thanks. I've had it on my chrome for a long time. I'm gunna finish it up this weekend and hopefully my new headlights, fogs and tails will be delivered this weekend so I can get some updated pics up. Then it'll be time to tear the motor and trans apart
  2. groceryman

groceryman New Member 100 Posts

plasti dip.jpg I plasti dipped my moulding and the 2500hd emblems it did very well the moulding had the chrome strip in it it covered it very good
  3. the phantom

the phantom New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Does anyone know if this stuff would have an effect on the backup sensors in the bumper if I were to plastidip over them? They are affected by ice when I wash the truck and it freezes. I wouldn't want to do just the bumper and leave the sensors chrome.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That looks nice!
  5. gabethesvg

gabethesvg New Member

nice work i will be doing some plasti-dip soon as well :D cant wait
  6. ahmitchell1

I don't have back up sensors, but you can get black ones. But before you spend the money just try it out if it messes with them peel it off
  7. gabethesvg

gabethesvg New Member

Ahmitchell1- Are you using the paint gun from the kit or using the rattle can ? reason why i ask is because i just did the rattle can on my front bumper last night , the surface seems to be a but ruff but it looks look, reminds me of rhino line almost?? unless that is just the rattle can stuff,videos seem to have a way more smoother finish. i do like the results and will probly do the back bumper and door savers black as well.

pikey- how did you tape them emblems off did you do it around the letter or just square and peel off?
  8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

So in all honesty, why can't we get a air spray gun and rhino line or line x our trucks ourselves. I assume it is for quality control because people never follow directions, but I would love to just buy rhino line or line x and do it myself in an afternoon and not pay the labor for some shop to do it.
  9. gabethesvg

gabethesvg New Member

agreed looks simple enough right ?
  10. ahmitchell1

Ive used the rattle can on my bumpers and grille before this go round Ill be trying a spray gun. It was a little more smooth coming out the gun. But it is also thinned out to use with a gun. My projects currently on hold becuase my truck is dead. I think it's my starter. I just don't get why it would go out so soon my trucks an 09. So until I fix this I won't be painting