1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what to do???

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 00chevy53, Aug 31, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. 00chevy53

00chevy53 New Member 100 Posts

heres the plan in the next nine months im going to either turn my 6.0 into a 408 stroker and put a bigger stall in my truck... option two is better heads, a mild cam, and a six speed transmission swap with an stage 2 or 3 clutch.... both of these would be great but not sure which to go with.....
  2. adam0285

adam0285 New Member

Either way you go, the stock heads on the new GM Motors flow really well, at least from most of the bench testing i've seen. Instead of dropping the dough for an entirely new set, i'd recommend just finding a shop to do a good port and polish of the stock heads. I've wanted to do the six speed swap in the truck but since I just bought a second car that is a stick i'll probably leave that bit alone. How many miles are on your 6.0 right now? Either way sounds like fun and best of luck with whatever you choose.
  3. 00chevy53

00chevy53 New Member 100 Posts

There is a little over 80k on it now that i just drove from central florida to central california with it. As far as the heads go i need to keep in mind what the compression will go to if i change them. In the long run i will be running boost and eventually going to a 408 stroker i need to make sure that heads i put on will be able to work with that.