Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What to use on black plastic body panels?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by Pikey, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I could use some ideas here. I have a 2005 Yukon Xl. The back panels between the side glass and back window are starting to look a little faded. There is also "blueing" in some of the ridges. I am assuming that this is from a product that the last owner used on it. I prefer not to use a tire product as I hate when they streak down the paint. Being that the panels are a little textured I am afraid to put wax on them. Any Suggestions on a product to use on them? Here are some pics, as you can see it looks "whitish" in the grooves on the pics, the color is actually a blueish white. Thanks for the help!
    IMG_0382.jpg IMG_0383.jpg
  2. Jaele

Jaele Member 2 Years 100 Posts

3. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Armor all has a new dust repelling wax that I started using at the beginning of the summer. It is not a carnauba based wax and it doesn't even feel like traditional wax once applied. It is magical on plastic parts and makes them look new again and the clean lasts for a long time.

It is a bit spendy, but really worth it. I have only had to wash my truck 2 to 3 times this summer. It just doesn't get dirty nearly as fast with this stuff on it.
  4. Pikey

Thanks guys. I will look into those products
  5. Pikey

Is it called Armor All Extreme shield?
  6. moogvo

Yes. that's the stuff! My black door handles and plastic bumper covers came back to new looking without even working it in... Wipe it on, dry it off... Done!
  7. Pikey

Sweet! Thanks! I will give it a try. It is not all that spendy considering what I used to pay for Meguiar's Medallion.
  8. Pikey

Hey [MENTION=12002]moogvo[/MENTION], I wanted to let you know that Autozone has a $10 rebate on that stuff right now! So I ended up paying $5.99 for it in the end. It worked great! the panels look brand new. I wish that I would have known about this stuff sooner. Here is a pic, it is hard to tell but the whitish spots are gone and it is solid black. Thanks again. IMG_0394.jpg
  9. moogvo

Dude! You SUCK! I paid close to $20.00 per bottle for that stuff when it first came out! LOL! It is worth it and I will definitely buy it again... I think I may stock up on some today while it is on sale! (I was looking for a good excuse to go to the auto parts store...) LOL!

Glad you like it! It LASTS and LASTS! It's great on interior parts too! I also did my glass with it... you have to be careful with that to avoid streaks. Don't let it set too long. Once it dries it is a booger to get off!
  10. Pikey

Unfortunately, there is a limit of one rebate per household. I forgot to mention that I had a $20 reward at Autozone also, so I payed $7 out the door for the wax and a bottle of leather cleaner. Then I get the rebate so I made $3. :rofl: I did the entire truck in it. The black on the rear bumper, on the mirrors, and around all the windows look brand new. I will try the glass also. I drive a dirt road alot and will be interested to see if the back window is covered in dust as usual. I have to say that I am a little disapointed about one thing. The fact that you knew about this product for an entire summer and did not share with us. :lol: