1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What to use on black plastic body panels?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by Pikey, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

I 2nd the 303 Aerospace protectant. I am on my 2nd bottle in 3 yrs and love this stuff. Works wonders on all exterior black trim, mirrors etc and very good on my extang tonneu cover. I haven stayed away from armoral crap since I found this stuff and haven't looked back
  2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Oh... but I did talk about it in a thread back in April!

3. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Crap! I guess I missed that one. Your truck looks nice in the pics
  4. Pikey

I have not seen the 303 in stores. Do you find it in a store or have to order online?
  5. moogvo

Haahaahaa! I am just poking at ya bro! Thanks! I think the truck turned out really well... for the most part. :)
  6. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

My local true value hardware stocks it. Not cheap was around $15 a bottle but lasts a long time, has a high UV protectant in it which is why its pricey.
  7. 1993gmc

1993gmc New Member

Spray Plastic Dip on them and be done for a long time.
  8. moogvo

So last night at the fire station, one of my fellow firefighters asked me if I had my truck painted. I told him no. Then he asked if I had just waxed it. Nope. Then he told me that it looks different than it did last week. I hosed it down and wiped the body with a rag and a bucket of plain cold water with no soap. The water still beads like it did the day I waxed it back in the spring.

The armor all was a wise purchase. :)
  9. Pikey

I drove down a dirt road today. When Igot home I checked the back window and bumper. These spots are always covered in thick dust after I go down that road. While there was dust there, it was less then a 1/4 of the amount that normally collects back there. I am happy with my purchase
  10. Pikey

So, today was the first rain we had since I put the ultimate shield on my truck. All I have to say is WOW! The truck had some dust on it before the rain. Usually, when it rains with dust on the truck it leaves dirty water spots all over. I parked the truck in my garage and came out half an hour later. It looks like I towel dried it! It is cleaner than it was before the rain. Not a water spot on it!