1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What tunes should I use? Need to turn off AFM

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by slimcubby, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Kapelusprime

Kapelusprime New Member

I've held back on the intune tuner myself for the same reason, I was a Ford dealer tech and I know we could see a lot more than people thought we could. I was told by diablo reps they leave no water marks but, I know GM better than that and figured the data logs were deeper than tune guidlines. Your post proves it; Any links to the range module you sited? I see your link above, but on the link you post the only thing I can see that module doing is increasing the use of AFM. I want to shut it off, my dealer said they could not when I asked.
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've never had an issue with getting warranty work done on my truck and I leave my tune on. But as I've said before we have a great relationship with our dealership
  3. f5fstop

f5fstop Former Member

This thread is about the AFM shut off capabilities of the Range module.
    http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/top...etter-fuel-economy-for-afm-engines-the-range/

The techs will not check for a tune or check the log files unless GM requests it and GM will only request it for major engine work such as replacement, rebuild, etc. I cannot see them questioning the tune of a water pump goes out, or a throttle body requires replacement, etc. only because it would be hard to document how a tune could cause those types of failures.
  4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Bose thinks they make speakers, Ever since I heard bose car audio speakers, they were one of the first things to get replaced in the vehicle.
  5. Steelo1

Steelo1 New Member

My Bose speakers sound awesome! You guys with low oil pressure readings, have a look at the oil sending unit, and the screen in the manifold. My sending unit was bad, and the screen clogged. I replaced those and my truck runs like a champ. Back on topic, the Diablosport Intune has the capablilty of turning off DOD. I leave mine on. This little handheld is truly a nice product.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I tried manual shift mode on my 2011 and it still went into 4cyl AFM mode, I also tried tow/haul hoping that would lock it out but no luck.
  7. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 New Member 100 Posts

8. CKNSLS

CKNSLS New Member 100 Posts

Try it again. Put it in manual 5 and the AFM should not go on. This is the first I have heard where a truck is not operating properly in manual mode.
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

M5 the AFM should not turn on, M6 it will.

Alex
  10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Tried it again on my way home from work and it still kicked into afm while I was in M5 off to the dealer we go on Monday morning.