What type of gas do you get?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Apr 28, 2005.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm just curious what type of gas people are getting.

Do you buy on price, or do you have a specific brand that you buy, or do you go to what's closer?

2. ChevyFan

Anyone notice that Gas prices have come down again?

I actually changed the place where I get gas, becuase there is a new place that gives me a free basic carwash with 15 gallons of fuel on a fillup. That's a good deal and I can keep it cleaned every week.

3. fredsmith

fredsmith New Member

Every Chevy or GMC I've owned always uses the same gas... Shell regular octane. Currently price of gas around $2.05 here in Houston

4. ceedeerrr

ceedeerrr New Member

Dang! I pay $2.21 for a shell regular octane. :(

5. ChevyFan

With the car wash, I think I pay like an extra $.02 - $.04 /gallon vs. across the street. However, for 15 gallons I get a free car wash worth like $5. So, I'm paying like an extra $.30 - $.60 for the gas, but I save the rest over the cash wash!

6. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I really only fuel up when I find cheap gas. I guess I'm cheap. I drive the thing freeway 80% of the time so I just need something to keep it going becuase I don't put a lot of start/stop wear on her.

7. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

I'm in school, so I need to save the pennies.

8. ceedeerrr

ceedeerrr New Member

I only use 2 types of gas, Shell or BP Amoco. When I used to live in San Francisco, I only use Chevron. Probably the looks of gas stations influences my preference for them.

9. ChevyFan

Yeah, that's all marketing, isn't that amazing?

I've been going to Texaco for years, and I really don't know why.

Right now, gas is on the rise so I've been going to the place down the street that jacked their price to $2.18 (I can get it for $2.13) becuase they give a free car wash with 15 gallons. The TB holds 18, so it's all good. :)

10. RedNeck

RedNeck New Member

Again, gas is so expensive that I have to find the cheapest.