What uses or jobs have you seen the Burban used for? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ARNIE, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARNIE

ARNIE Rockstar

Just saw a late 70's Burban that had been used for a hearse. I can remember as a kid back in the early 60's seeing them used by painter's, etc. What jobs have you seen them do?

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Let's not forget that the suped-up armor plated ones are the security vehicle of choice for the president these days. Those aren't isuzu rodeos that are all decked out and bomb proof!

3. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:D they are very popular to armor plate, even woopi goldberg has one, but the ones i see the most are for hauling, boats, campers, flatbed car carriers, horse trailers,the extra weight the burb has makes it perfect for hauling just about anything.
    the wife just took a couple of cows to the auction in our 4 horse stock trailer and said it was like it wasnt even back there. she had to keep reminding herself that it was back there on the turns.
    but they are great people haulers too, there is no substitute for the original. burban we are profetional grade. :wink:

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I know that some of the guys here use them for farms, just wondering how many.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.