Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What wax do you use?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Dr_Zero, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

What brand of wax do you use on your ride?
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Your kidding right?
    Wax the beast, hell I’m lucky if I wash it twice a year.
    I can’t imagine trying to wax it with anything other than a spray on.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah. I guess I'm a sucker for the marketing, but I mostly use the turtle wax.
  4. ProTouringSub

ProTouringSub New Member

Haven't waxed the Suburban yet; I'm afraid it will peel the previous owner's paint job off and the truck will be orange again. :lol:

For my cars, though: I used to use Turtle Wax, primarily because that's what my Dad always used and that was what was in the garage. However, as I started getting into car shows and cruise nights, I started using the Meguiar's Liquid Gold Class wax. Works better than anything else I have ever used. Now my Dad has switched and he uses it too for his cars.
  5. ChevyFan

where do you get that at? what's the $$ cost?
  6. ProTouringSub

ProTouringSub New Member

You can get it at just about any auto parts store. I bought mine at Advance Auto Parts, just because that's the only one we have in my town. :lol: As for price, it's more expensive than Turtle Wax but it's still only $8-9 for a bottle, and that'll last you for a while.
  7. ChevyFan

Being as busy as I am, I've actually been going through car washes about 4 times per year and getting whatever wax they have. Once my arm heals up a good waxing by hand would be good for all my vehicles.
  8. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

A friend of mine had an '00 Trans Am that he used Zaino exclusively on. It always looked great.
  9. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

if you guys have not seen www.griots.com yet, you should take a look they have some GREAT shop stuff on that site. Some of it is a little spendy but there are a lot of awesome additions to your shop and the products (from my experience so far are top notch). They have the whole detailing gamut, waxes, cleaners .... etc. its all there.