What were some of the worst GM models?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyTech, Mar 1, 2007.

1. ChevyTech

ChevyTech Rockstar

OK, I love GM trucks and cars but I was talking to a guy at work and we started naming some bad GM models and bad GM designs. It actually was interesting to try and name some of the, dare I say lame stuff they turned out over history.

I'll start this off with my top pick the "Cadillac Cimarron" this first attempt at an intro Cadillac is kind of like the alder brother to the Catera. Unfortunately it was nothing more than a rebadged Chevy Cavalier. It was kind of an embarrassing effort and was flimsy. In 1982 when it was introduced it had a 1.8 liter engine that barely got out of its own way. The car got a little better by its last year in 1988 but was still a joke in quality and performance, GM should have rethought the car back in 82'.

2. LOW_07

LOW_07 Member

3 cyl metro. nuff said.

3. mr.copenhagen

mr.copenhagen Rockstar 100 Posts

The geo.. self explanitory they just suck haha

4. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

here's my list : citation
    geo
    cimarron

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Chevy Vega anyone?

6. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The Vega was great! Great for dropping a 383 and a powerglide into. My brother had one that we used to raise hell in. Won a lot of money with that 10 second jalopy.:biggrin:

7. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Styling sucks

As far a sucky styling the current Buick Park Avenue is near the top of my list. I just imagine the conversation in the boardroom. Let's go retro. Bring back the gun ports.:eek: My dad drove a 55 Special, that was a Buick.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  8. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My mother had a vega. I never knew it to have any trouble. Seemed pretty reliable.

9. terry0341

terry0341 Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Throw away car

The Vega was one of those throw away cars like the Pinto! that being said, I never had one but I rode in my share and helped modify a few into 8 & 10 second cars. I think if you were to get the facts on the Vega from GM you would find that it was a very profitable venture. I personally would love to have one in mint condition to give my son to modify. I found one online once, Mint, like 15000 miles on it for like $4000.00. I should have bought it!

10. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm not particually fond of the J2000 its in there with the chysler "K" car.
    The 80's had a whole slew of retarded cars.