1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What would be involved in installing some 11R22.5 tires and 22.5 inch rims on a

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by PantheraUncia, Oct 15, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

What would be involved in installing some 11R22.5 tires and 22.5 inch rims on a 2000 silverado 1500 / 2wd? is it even possible? or whould it ruin the transmission?
  2. Jaele

Jaele Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Is this a real post or am I just to drunk?
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Are you looking into a set of Semi wheels for a 1500?? A friend had them on his HD and it Looked very cool I will try to find a pic.. But a 1500 I don't know.....I would not do it..
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

why would you want to? not only do they use a completely different lug setup (10 bolt) they are far heavier, clearance issues everywhere, and tires are really expensive. i could maybe see it on a lifted one ton or something, but those trucks are built car heavier, a 1500 just could handle the stress involved. there is a reason those rims are on semis and the like.

Alex
  5. PantheraUncia

No, your not drunk and this is a real post :lol:I have seen a number of 3500/350's where it has been done. I have seen stupid(er)not a real word; things done to trucks before.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I have seen a number of 1 ton/ 3500's/F350's where they have done this and I really like the look if gives. I assume that the tranny and axles on a 1500 would get destroyed (stock) trying to use that tire and wheel combination.

So it could potentially be done, but it would require more than wheels, tires and a lift kit........ a new tranny and axles would be needed to.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how much more of a clearance issue I would have over the clearance issues I have now with a stock height 1500, it would probably sit a tad higher that it does now.

The cost of tires is relative...... My 265/70R16 Michelin LTX M/S2 were $189 each....... People with lifts that use nitto grappler's are sitting at 35 inches (road to top of tire). This would not be any different.

Also the nitto's are almost $400 each ($391). 11R22.5's run between $250 and $300 per tire.
    [HR][/HR]
    So if I want to use these:

http://www.americanforcewheels.com/

on a 1500, I assume, I would need to upgrade to an HD Transmission (4L80e/gas) or the allison (diesel). The drive shaft would need to be upgraded. I could go with a 3500 HD axle in the back, a lift kit and heavy duty suspension in the front to support the weight and clearance of the new wheels.

Those wheels are heavier than the stock wheels on a 1500, but they are lighter than the steel wheels on a semi.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

DSCF9336.jpg DSCF9386.jpg Not my friends but some pics for you..
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I did some research because I had no idea what you were talking about. Those tires measure 41.4" in diameter. That is going to take alot of work to pull off. I had a 95 silverado with a 6" suspension lift and a 3" body lift. I could only fit 38.5" tires
  8. PantheraUncia

Lol, That is sort of the look, I have seen them on duallys that are not lifted quite that high where they "look" stock and throw you off so you have to do a double take. That truck they stand out easy because of its height and the color (Yellow?) :-( lol

- - - Updated - - -

The paint on this one is not so obnoxious and it visually does not seem quite as high:

http://www.americanforcewheels.com/index.php?route=gallery/album&path=9&aid=7
  9. PantheraUncia

10. Enkeiavalanche

I found a pic of my friends truck.. He used to Fishtail it.. It was Whicked Fast...

IMG_1113.jpg