GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

What would be involved in installing some 11R22.5 tires and 22.5 inch rims on a

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by PantheraUncia, Oct 15, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

What would be involved in installing some 11R22.5 tires and 22.5 inch rims on a 2000 silverado 1500 / 2wd? is it even possible? or whould it ruin the transmission?
  2. Jaele

Jaele New Member

Is this a real post or am I just to drunk?
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Are you looking into a set of Semi wheels for a 1500?? A friend had them on his HD and it Looked very cool I will try to find a pic.. But a 1500 I don't know.....I would not do it..
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

why would you want to? not only do they use a completely different lug setup (10 bolt) they are far heavier, clearance issues everywhere, and tires are really expensive. i could maybe see it on a lifted one ton or something, but those trucks are built car heavier, a 1500 just could handle the stress involved. there is a reason those rims are on semis and the like.

Alex
  5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

No, your not drunk and this is a real post :lol:I have seen a number of 3500/350's where it has been done. I have seen stupid(er)not a real word; things done to trucks before.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I have seen a number of 1 ton/ 3500's/F350's where they have done this and I really like the look if gives. I assume that the tranny and axles on a 1500 would get destroyed (stock) trying to use that tire and wheel combination.

So it could potentially be done, but it would require more than wheels, tires and a lift kit........ a new tranny and axles would be needed to.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how much more of a clearance issue I would have over the clearance issues I have now with a stock height 1500, it would probably sit a tad higher that it does now.

The cost of tires is relative...... My 265/70R16 Michelin LTX M/S2 were $189 each....... People with lifts that use nitto grappler's are sitting at 35 inches (road to top of tire). This would not be any different.

Also the nitto's are almost $400 each ($391). 11R22.5's run between $250 and $300 per tire.
    [HR][/HR]
    So if I want to use these:

http://www.americanforcewheels.com/

on a 1500, I assume, I would need to upgrade to an HD Transmission (4L80e/gas) or the allison (diesel). The drive shaft would need to be upgraded. I could go with a 3500 HD axle in the back, a lift kit and heavy duty suspension in the front to support the weight and clearance of the new wheels.

Those wheels are heavier than the stock wheels on a 1500, but they are lighter than the steel wheels on a semi.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

DSCF9336.jpg DSCF9386.jpg Not my friends but some pics for you..
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

I did some research because I had no idea what you were talking about. Those tires measure 41.4" in diameter. That is going to take alot of work to pull off. I had a 95 silverado with a 6" suspension lift and a 3" body lift. I could only fit 38.5" tires
  8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

Lol, That is sort of the look, I have seen them on duallys that are not lifted quite that high where they "look" stock and throw you off so you have to do a double take. That truck they stand out easy because of its height and the color (Yellow?) :-( lol

- - - Updated - - -

The paint on this one is not so obnoxious and it visually does not seem quite as high:

http://www.americanforcewheels.com/index.php?route=gallery/album&path=9&aid=7
  9. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

I found a pic of my friends truck.. He used to Fishtail it.. It was Whicked Fast...

IMG_1113.jpg
  11. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

Cool, I think "that look" would look nice on a 1500. If serious, what would be involved? right off the bat I would need a lift, but I am thinking I would need a heavy duty axle, rear diff upgrade, new front suspension, I would need to upgrade to a 4L80e tranny, a new drive shaft, etc?
  12. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

No kits for the 10 lug either.. You would need a Ton of Mods and $$$ to do this.. Your best bet Change the whole body.. Put yours on a 2500-3500 frame.. It might be cheaper...