Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What would be louder?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by bostic220, Mar 5, 2009.

1. bostic220

bostic220 New Member

Im about to order a flowmaster super 44 muffler. When it arrives, Im gonna take it to shop and then get turn downs. My question is, would a si/so turn down be louder or a si/do turndown be louder?

2. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What's a turn down?

3. CJlambertz71

CJlambertz71 Member

im not sure about the si/so stuff but my friend has turn downs on his 1500 and his drop off over the rear axle and it sounds good, but my other friend had them just droping out of the muffler and it sounded really good

4. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

A turn down is a short exhaust pipe after the muffler with its opening pointed toward the ground. Instead of having the tail pipes coming out the back or the sides, they are "dumped" somewhere under the bed. Hope that helps.

As for the original question...I have no idea. I'm sure both would be pretty loud!

5. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

dual turndown dumps will be louder double the volume coming out. A super 44 wont be as loud as a 40 series thogh

6. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think it would be 6 in one and a half dozen in the other.

7. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ah, thanks for answering that. I thought that might be it, but I haven't heard that term used before.