1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What would I need to do to put 305/50R16's on my truck

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by PantheraUncia, Aug 5, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

The stock tires for my truck are 235 somethings (can't remember because as soon as they needed to be replaced, they were gone). Since them I have been running 265/70R16's and I love them. They hug the road like a glove, even in the rain.

But I was as the shop this morning and saw these 305/50R20's and liked how wide they were, and these were touring tires, not off road tires.

First I know I will need new rims because the factory rims are not wide enough, I don't think I want to go to 20 inch rims, but those tires are also available in 18 inch as well.

Since I am 2 wheel drive, I would assume I would need at least a 2 inch leveling kit for the front end, or would I need to go to a 4 inch or 8 inch lift on the truck to get 305's on it?