Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What would you drive?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Jarrett, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett Rockstar 100 Posts

What kind of truck would you drive, if you couldn't drive a Chevrolet or GMC?

If it was me, I would probably rather walk, then to drive anything else.

2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If I couldn't drive my GM truck, I'd probably go with either a new Dodge(they look o so good) or an early 90's Bronco. But that is only if I didn't have my GM.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

This is a situation that I am going to have to deal with within the next couple years, I have always been a truck lover from day one but with them killing Hummer, and them possibly doing away with the Colorado in 2012 I am screwed! I wouldn't give a nickel for the new Silverado's (sorry guys), too many things that I would have to change to make it worthy. My uncle works for Chrysler and gets an awesome discount on there vehicles, so I am seriously thinking about getting a new 2011 Rubicon fully loaded and ready to run off road. I want to get into the off-road things to see if I will like it, plus they are very lenient about mods done while under warranty.:neutral:

I know I am going to totally burn in hell for this post, but GM has swayed me the other way I think. :eek:ut:

4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If I couldn't drive a chev or gmc, I would either drive an escalade (still gm, but not one of the brands mentioned to not be chosen), a Range Rover, or a Mega Cab Dodge with a real nice aftermarket sound system. Depending on when I get my next vehicle and what is available at what price, I may end up choosing one of those anyway. Each has its benefits over my truck, but in reality, I know GM makes good products, and I would have a tough time leaving the brand.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  5. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

i currently drive a gas but i would have to move to diesel on my next truck.. if i couldnt drive a gm product i would have to go with the dodge 2500 4x4!

6. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I just left Dodge. I liked the truck but it was a money pit. Bought it new in 2000, changed the oil and filter every 3K, all of the major services were done by the dealership and it lived in Florida. How tough can it be but the first engine went our @ 93K. I was doing 20 MPH. The transmission went out @ 73K. Didn't tow anything. Before it was over I replaced the Jasper engine again (under warranty this time), the radiator, A/C compressor and coil and oh yeah the dash cracked in a thousand pieces. No more Dodges for me. :no:

7. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

If i had to give up GM I would want a TJ Jeep Wrangler. I just like to offroad, but only if I had to give up my Suburban.

8. 1998SilveradoGuy92

1998SilveradoGuy92 New Member

Im thinkin the new ford raptors look pretty bad ass... Id drive one of those

9. Randomsoleil

Randomsoleil New Member

If i couldnt drive a GM truck i would go dodge deisel i think. Being the gm fan that i am i just could not go oval

10. Joethepoolguy

Joethepoolguy Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

If there were no more GM trucks made, I would go buy a new Dodge with the HEMI in it. They are sweet looking trucks. I would make a GM steering box work in it so that would be one problem fixed right off the bat. I loved my 2006 Ram 2500HD except for the fact that the front end under that truck was JUNK!!! At 30,000 miles, the tie-rods, steering box, and ball joints were shot!!! Those are the only problems I had with it, but I still had to get back into a Chevy. For almost a year I felt like a traitor to all my fellow bow-tie lovers. ONE thing though.......I WILL NEVER BUY A FORD!!!!!!! View attachment 5431

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010